3DCoat Forums

CUDART.DLL missing

andywright

I tried to use the CUDA version of v3.1, but I keep getting an error message that CUDART.DLL is missing. This dll does not seem to be part of my installation at all.

My card is a Quadro FX1500 and Cuda is correctly installed, but the dll in use is NVCUDA.DLL with the version 2.3 8.15.11.9038

Has anyone else had this problem and know how to resolve it ?

thanks

Andy

• Advanced Member

Now I have a different problem ;-)

I can do the vertex modes ok, but the voxel painting does not display the starting object. I can see the size settijng tool etc but one I commit, there is no sphere/cube etc displyed.

2D paint doesn't work either

any ideas ?

How about non-CUDA version?

Hi,

I tried taking just the toolkit back to 2.2 and then the driver too. But neither fixed the problem.

I can't voxel sculpt in either the DX or GL version using CUDA. I can see sizing gadget for the primitives, but once I accept, it dissapears without any primitive.

As I said, the other modes work fine.

My last guess: Have you tried the 32bit, non CUDA version?

Hi, Thanks for trying to help.

I have no problem with the non-CUDA version...and I have now given up on the CUDA one for now and gone back to the 64 bit Non-CUDA version.

Reading the guides, I may not have gained much anyway with my FX1500, but was interested in how well it worked as other programs I have will have CUDA soon and wanted to see how successful it was :-)

cheers

Andy

Interesting!

I wonder why it persists...

Have you tried this? (In this order!!)

1. Uninstall 3DC & delete it's directory and user settings directory (located usually at: C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\My Documents\3D-CoatV3 )
  2. Fully uninstall both the CUDA kit drivers and your video card drivers
  3. Empty your trash bin, then reboot your machine
  4. Reinstall your video card drivers
  5. Reinstall 3DC 64bit, non-CUDA
  6. Reboot your machine
  7. Open 3DC 64bit, non-CUDA & test for the bugs you are experiencing (You shouldn't experience the bugs, obviously, this is for testing purposes)
  8. Now uninstall 3DC again, and delete the same directories as before
  9. Empty your trash bin, then reboot your machine
  10. Install the CUDA kit drivers (2.3)
  11. Install 3DC 64bit, CUDA
  12. Reboot your machine
  13. Open 3DC 64bit, CUDA & test for the same bugs - If you experience the bugs still, repeat these steps, but instead install 3DC 32bit CUDA

I hope this helps.

Interesting!

I wonder why it persists...

I would imagine that as Andrew suggests, version 2.2 is needed and not the latest 2.3 supported drivers and toolkits from Nvidia.

Andrew ideally could easily include CUDART version himself with the distribution, (Nvidia made it so end users should not need the toolkit anymore) this would make it easier for this issues.

• 1 month later...