3DCoat Forums

Toon Monster | voxels

SYN7AX3RR0R

Here's my second go at voxels, this time it's based on an existing concept, something I sketched years ago. It's still an early WiP but I feel like I've got something to share here. I'm enjoying the voxels on this one, it was very quick to get to this stage. For the eyes, the plan is to try and sculpt them out as a separate piece; merge it and work the seam.

the concept:

toonMonster%20sketch.jpg

voxels:

toonMonster%20WiP_01.jpg

• Like 1

thanks folks.

here's a minor update on the eyes.

toonMonster%20WiP_02.jpg

i've started capturing this session from scratch. other than the speed and this a 1/2 size vid, it's the whole session unedited. you can see all the struggles and bugs LOL. it's quite sped up, the idea is to try and keep it interesting, i'll need at least as much time to finish this thing up. i'm interested what you guys think of the speed of the vid?

• Like 1

• Contributor

thanks folks.

here's a minor update on the eyes.

i've started capturing this session from scratch. other than the speed and this a 1/2 size vid, it's the whole session unedited. you can see all the struggles and bugs LOL. it's quite sped up, the idea is to try and keep it interesting, i'll need at least as much time to finish this thing up. i'm interested what you guys think of the speed of the vid?

http://vimeo.com/7484604

the vid was great..the speed is good for a timelapse......I learned alot from watching it.....I can always run it thru a vid editter if I wanted to slow it down. great job drinks.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Great video! With a normal speed voice-over (talking about freedom, creativity, etc) it would be like a ZB video. What did you use for your capture?

hypercam. thanks, i was thinking of adding some voice over if i ever finish this and get the time for that.

i've been working on this a bit more when i have the time. updating the vid as i get new footage.

this is where i'm at

toonMonster%20WiP_02b.jpg

the vid clocks at 30 min now.

same link:

youtube (10 min cunks, this will be updated more often) Pt4 is latest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdvjuC7NCmk

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey thanks LJB!

I opened this old model as a test dummy for Voxel Texture Painting.

Did a minor tweak on it with SurfaceTools LC.

Painted on it (no UVz) > Exported heavily decimated > did an autoUV on it > and baked back the Diffuse and bump.

The workflow has improved a bunch since I've sculpted this. Good work Pilgway.

Rendered in blenderCycles.

toonMonster_cycles.jpg

• Like 1