3DCoat Forums

cloth and imported Lightwave object

AMW

I've been trying to do a fairly simple thing and that is to drape some cloth over an object but without any success.

Is it even possible to import an object done in Lightwave and drape cloth over it using the cloth tool?

I've checked in this forum but can't see any similar threads.

Cheers

Andy

That work great after a bit of messing around.

Is it possible to save the cloth out as a polygon mesh rather than having to convert it to Voxels first?

I can't get the reset button work either, I kept having to choose default cloth, which meant I had to start all over again?

Cheers

Andy

• Advanced Member

Hi Andy,

Once an object is converted to vox, it becomes particle (voxel) data. The conversion may be necessary for the dynamics in 3DC to work (not sure really, haven't used cloth much). Two ways to get the polys you need out of the voxels are to use the quadrangulate command (RMB in vox tree) or the tools in the retopo room. In retopo you can create a new mesh to project the details to, or even import the original mesh and snap it to the new shape. Both quadrangulate and retopo work well, but if you plan to animate you probably want to go with retopo; the quadrangulated meshes do not always have good poly flow.

No idea about the reset button, sounds like it might be a bug.