3DCoat Forums

Human Anatomy Study #16

3d_sculptress

• Contributor

just another study on anatomy...as you can see by my layers pallette, I tried putting the eyelids on seperate layers..unsure.gif .just didn't look right.nea.gif

..(could use a tutorial on that subject)....does the cheek area look too flat from the side view ? the eyes seem to be positioned right in the frontal view, but in the side view do they look like they need to be raised up ?, and also do they need to be sunk in more (wonder if that's why the cheeks look flat from the side ?..maybe sinking the eyes in more would make the cheeks less flat-looking ?...).....critiques/comments/feedback welcome...smile.gif

3DCoatV3-MaryHines-HumanAnatomy--18.jpg

3DCoatV3-MaryHines-HumanAnatomy--17.jpg

3DCoatV3-MaryHines-HumanAnatomy-16-.jpg

• Reputable Contributor

Anatomy is hard work. The eyes of your model are too far up in the head. Eyes even though optically appear more in the upper region of your head are in reality right square in the middle of your head. I got tons of anatomy books and it is very hard work to get things right but you are own your way.

I'm also working to improve my anatomy work... B)

• Contributor

ok, thanks Tony..I took into account the suggestions that you and digman made, and worked on it again...here are my results....I made the eyes smaller and I did raise the head, but personally i think it looks like I've raised the head too much when looking at it from the side view, ..I think i need to lower the head at the back top section at least..but lmk what you think about that or anything else I still need to work on.

(i also threw in a pic with the eyelids on seperate layers, but as said, they just don't look right (eyelid tut, plse unsure.gif )

here's the original, so you won't have to scroll up page to compare)

3DCoatV3-MaryHines-HumanAnatomy--18.jpg

3DCoatV3-MaryHines-HumanAnatomy--21.jpg

3DCoatV3-MaryHines-HumanAnatomy--20.jpg

added eyelids on seperate layers (as mentioned, could use a 'eyelids' tutorial.)

3DCoatV3-MaryHines-HumanAnatomy--19.jpg

• Contributor

IMO, it looks much better. As for the side view, the distance from the ear to the back of the head should be similar to the distace to the face (check some reference images). The ears are in the middle. When you are done, you may make copies with different proportions like a wider face. The narrow face you have is elegant and I would not suggest changeing it but only use it as a tool to see variations on it's theme. :clapping:

• Reputable Contributor

Here are a couple simple skull references. Simple ones for checking proportions. Use the camera option, background, reference image for x and z if you model is line up on those axis, otherwise you can chose the correct order that works for your axis.

The two views are in png format. I made these rather quickly but they are correct in their anatomy structure.

Use them to help get things lined up. Every human being is a little different but basic anatomy placement help gets things placed correctly to start out.

P.S On the side view the little green square is the ear hole. The model was made by another person but you can see he got the features place very well. She is becoming quite elegant as Tony said. B)

edit:

Here is a link on some skeletal differences between men and women

http://etransgender.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=407

post-518-12588422976684_thumb.jpg

skull views.zip

• Contributor

ok thanks for all your input, Tony,digman, Yearoftheox...I started this sculpt out with rather large proportions cause I read several instances in the forum stating that in most cases, it's best to 'over-sculpt', or make the sculpt larger because increasing res and other actions can thin the sculpt..but I appreciate the feedback I've been receiving, especially in respect to placement of facial parts, etc.....it's helping alot.

. .Yearoftheox, I'm curious about the frontal width..if one changed the side width as you did here, , would the frontal width need to be altered in the same amount as the side?..if so, would you mind posting a frontal view depicting how you would alter it ?..