3DCoat Forums

War Oger

Deadman21

• Advanced Member

Thanks everyone

Yes, everything was modeled in voxels. To create the armor it is really kinda easy.

I use the retopo room to lay out the polygons for the shoulder pieces and add extrusion to push them away from the body.

Next i return to the Voxel room, create a new layer and select cloth, and use the "pick from retopo". But instead of treating it as cloth and starting a simulation you can simply adjust the thickness and press enter and you then have a new object in the shape that you retopoed.

I find this extremely easy to create hard surfaces. Also you can use it to boolean out shapes by control + enter (this is useful if you want to cut into an object but not go all the way through)

The spikes and rings were created using the mesh objects in the merg library.

Currently I have separated all the objects into their own files. I do this to get higher resolutions to do better details. I will post them next.

Thanks everyone

Yes, everything was modeled in voxels. To create the armor it is really kinda easy.

I use the retopo room to lay out the polygons for the shoulder pieces and add extrusion to push them away from the body.

Next i return to the Voxel room, create a new layer and select cloth, and use the "pick from retopo". But instead of treating it as cloth and starting a simulation you can simply adjust the thickness and press enter and you then have a new object in the shape that you retopoed.

I find this extremely easy to create hard surfaces. Also you can use it to boolean out shapes by control + enter (this is useful if you want to cut into an object but not go all the way through)

The spikes and rings were created using the mesh objects in the merg library.

Currently I have separated all the objects into their own files. I do this to get higher resolutions to do better details. I will post them next.

Thank you for the infos.