3DCoat Forums

More UV features in the retopo room

philnolan3d

At this point the UV room has some great new features, unfortunately that's not where I do more of my UV mapping. In fact pretty much all of he UV mapping is done in he retopo room. I would be nice to see both areas have the same features. Or what would probably make more sense is that the UV features are only in the UV room and all the UV mapping is done in there instead of both places.

• Contributor

At this point the UV room has some great new features, unfortunately that's not where I do more of my UV mapping. In fact pretty much all of he UV mapping is done in he retopo room. I would be nice to see both areas have the same features. Or what would probably make more sense is that the UV features are only in the UV room and all the UV mapping is done in there instead of both places.

I find the division of retopologizing and UV mapping to be conceptualy obscure. Why the division? When you create a mesh in Retopo, you are almost finished with the UVs and it is puzzleing to me why there needs to be another tab to basically do much the same. I blush to confess that, after retop and marking seams, I thought myself finished with UVs and never use the UV tab. :huh: