3DCoat Forums

ditus wips

ditus

• Advanced Member

yes, it looks now better.. but i will do the leg and torso after the head area with and the arms is finished. but you had right!

cube37.jpg

hmm, maybe the torso is still a bit to short...

so now it looks just a bit better, i had to watch mine. the torso have the same length like the upper and lower legs.

cube38.jpg

i painted in the red line, which im pointing to. so down to the elbows, but like i said, i wasnt much working on that parts. but the knee isnt really bigger on the upper pictures, do you think this?

cube39.jpg

• Advanced Member

i cant find any reference in the net too, so now measured it on me, the body (torso) is a bit (only ~15 cm maybe, but its hard to measure that on myself lol everything in the name of art, what im doing everything just to make this model looking nice lol) lager then the upperleg and the lower leg and from the heel (from ankle) to the floor ~1/4 from the upper or lower leg. so the torso is way to short and lower leg is also to short on the model.

at me is the proportion ~ torso 55 cm upper and lowerleg (bone length) 40 cm and heel (from ankle) 10 cm. so the torso length is ~ 1/2 (leglength to floor) - 2* heel(from ankle) to the floor length. thats very helpful to know. or shank length + heel (from ankle)+heel/2.

:D thats also cool, 2*feetlength + 1/2 heel = torso length

:D the width of the hand discribes the heel (from the ankle) length.

:D the distance between the nipples /2 at a normal body (without muscles or fat) discribes the heel lenght or the hand width.

:D the length of the nose * 2 discribs the heel lenght or the hand width or * 4 the nipple distance :D

:D the width of the nose * 2 discribes the length of the middle finger :D

:D the width of the mouth * 2 discribes the heel lenght or * 4 the nipple distance :D

:D amazing again a 10 , from the outer side of the eyelide to the other eye (outer side) discribes the heel length or *2 the nipple distance :D

everywhere on me i find this 10 cm very strange. seems im very metric :D

:D the distance between nose and upperlip top * 4 discribes the length of the heel or * 8 the nipple distance.

:D again :D the distance between the lower lip bottom to the keen *2 discribes the length of the heel

:D the distance between the navel up to the nipple high /2 discribes the heel lenght.

:D but the lenght of the arm bones with 25 cm doesnt fit anywhere , oh wait thats the feet length :D again a strang count :D 25*2/(10/2) = 10 sorry but i have to -> im sharing my daily bread with you :D yes, seems if they used my ell, they had reached a lot of time earlier the metric system ^^ i hope you peoples knows about this ell measuring thing, you can find this measurment sign on the most cathedrals in europe.

im sure i would find tons of other things which are pointing on a metric count...

i could do a riddle out of it, if i would delete my torso length you had to calculate it out of it.

no, the riddle is how tall i am?

horrible thats complete wrong!! uahh, now i have to fix alot!

cube43.jpg

• Advanced Member

yeah, you had right again!! thank you! now it looks 1000 times better! of course i have to fix now all this crushes, but it looks now really nice from the proportion side! i will never do this mistake again, so first the proportion check and the going into the detail now i have really to fix alot. but i had measured me for the first time. :D

cube44.jpg

so the most worst crushes are fixed, the rest i will make after nap..

thanks again, i love it now such more. i think, this going to be a really nice model. :)

cube45.jpg

and all this problems are just related to my rough sketch on this box :D

cube01.jpg

• Advanced Member

i hope i can finish it today, i had a new idea, what i have to try as next.

so whats important to improve for me ->

1. a more advanced sketch, which includes the right proportions, althought the proportion wasnt that wrong on the cube from before, but anywhere i messed this up.

2. the base have to be right, which is very close related to point 1

3. take shorter naps :D

4. working on receiving a productive critic on a normal way

im sure more points will come along, and im sorry that my reaction on productive critic is sometimes very strange, i have to work on this.

• Advanced Member

so i worked for about an hour again on it, but my graphics card at my laptop get all the time overheaten, which make a nice working nearly impossible. i have to fix this (changing the fan or anything), but im really not motivated at the moment, so i will do this tomorrow.

cube46.jpg

• Advanced Member

so back to the face and hands again, i wanna reach till in the next few hours to have it on a state that i can say its ok and nearly ready. i know i wanted to do this yesterday, but i slept till midnight :D

but anytime im going to finish this model, till i say its perfect. but im sure that wont be today the case ;)

i wanna start a new one.

cube50.jpg