3DCoat Forums

Leanar3Do - Next generation sculpting...

Taros

• Advanced Member

Wow that is cool, although im guessing that the object doesn't appear like that unless you are wearing the glasses. I have seen 3D object projection stuff done with a webcam before where you can rotate or paint on the object but this looks like the next step. I have also seen mind control devices to control games which seem to work quite well so the next generation stuff is starting to happen for real, all it needs is a company like apple to mass produce devices like these and they might just become standard in a few years. Being able to sculpt/paint in 3d just looking at the screen and thinking what you want to happen could definately become a reality.

• Reputable Contributor

I would imagine that if the 3DC viewport were able to display stereoscopically, that users wearing the same 3D glasses they get from the theaters could see the model "Pop" out from their monitor and give a similar illusion to sculpting in true 3D.

• Contributor

Since inexpensive 3D computer monitors and goggles are now reality, and all modern graphics cards (at least nVidia's) can output 3D, vendors like Pilgway and Pixologic should waste no time in giving us real 3D modeling display on our screens! The second Andrew implements this in 3D-Coat, I'll rush out to buy a 3D monitor for sure.