3DCoat Forums

UV Master: Automatic UV Creation for zBrush [Impressive!]

Taros

• Reputable Contributor

I tried it briefly now, it's pretty darn slick! So, since we're not living in a full-Ptex world yet, and we therefore have to create those hateful UV-maps, this will work pretty well for most of our UV needs. Until Ptex is universally usable.

The only thing I saw that was different from what is offered in 3DC's UV toolset is the paint selection method. 3DC's seam selection is still extremely fast...nevertheless, it gives ZBrush users more reason to stay there, within the application.

I saw it today and the uv's are the cleanest i see so far in 2 seconds workt. The algorithm is mutch better then abf.I didnt try it but i like the results i seen in the video and its easy to change the density in 20 seconds and the uvs are wery clean.I must try it.

i played with it 4 minits and ther is some streching in mouth and eyes area .So its not the best solution.U get wery fast some uv's but u cant tweak them like in 3d coat.Fot Zb users its an nice plugin.But if u want realy nice uvs u need to tweak them in an uv editor.

• Advanced Member

It's a great plugin considering it's free, it was never meant to be a replacement for existing UV external applications. You can easily use it in combination with 3DC if you wish.

You can do some adjustments to your UV's by brushing on where you want the UV's to be denser or less dense. This in combination with the controlpainting gives you pretty good control of what you're doing. I'm very happy with it, it does a great job unwrapping both complex and simple models, highpoly or lowpoly doesn't matter. I unwrapped a half a million poly laserscanned triangulated mesh within a few minutes time. :)

/ Magnus