3DCoat Forums

Famous person

philnolan3d

I was bored and at the same time inspired last night so I started this. I'm posting on Twitter too, curious how long before someone figures out who it is. Some parts are a little exaggerated right now and it's still very lowres (178,000 tri's).

bwwip02.th.jpg

• Advanced Member

I don't know who is he or she.

but you wrote this:

"I'm also very bad with anatomy, so I'm just mimicking what I see in my reference photos. "

Let me say this. (IMO) Few days ago I visited the famous 'archeological Athens museum". As I was looking at these masterpieces this came. Ancient (greeks) were not shy, not shy at all. Everything in universe was an opportunity for them. A challenge. Looking at these male or female nudes there, you could think that I'm talking about homo... or something. This is not the case. These men were touching, feel ... when other great artist in renaissance started anatomy. Anatomy vs feelings. Think about it. I mean that somehow we all know how to sculpt a human body. Its inside us.

Sorry for my english.

I almost forgot it. You have a mirror haven't you?

• Contributor

Another update. I think this is as far as I can go before turning off symmetry.

bwwip04.th.jpg

Phil, I've been reading about the polycount/brush size/merge times issue and was wondering how many polys you have at this point.

• Advanced Member

Looking good so far. Just some mass on the back, it will help you understand the shoulders. Another look on ears before turn off symmetry.

One of the problems with voxels is when using the move tool it blurs details.

Phil, I've been reading about the polycount/brush size/merge times issue and was wondering how many polys you have at this point.

In my opinion there is no issue. I am currently at about 2.9 million.

@michalis What's wrong with the ears?

• Contributor

Another update:

bwwip05.th.jpg

Great progress here Phil,pretty good choice too.

Im not very good at giving anatomy crits but if I were you I would give a quick slash with Scrape Brush on the side of the

head....on some pics the lighting make it looks more rounded that it actually is but on those you can see the sides are more straight and straight "earlier" than waht you did with the sides.

Hope that helps :) ...anatomy is really not my forte.

• Contributor

I'll look at that, I actually did make the top a little pointier during the last revision. Perhaps it needs more. :)

No,no your top is really perfect shape ....I think you just need to flatten the sides right after the corner of the eyes instead of a few cm further...Anyway,in such a few days it already looks great I think.

• Advanced Member

I think the forehead looks too rounded. It looks like he has a constant frown. It should be mostly flat then curve round roughly above the middle of his eyes.

His jawline the back part underneath his ears needs to be wider so its almost the same width as the upper part of his head.

His nose looks wrong I dont think he has a beak, from some refs it looks like its goes straight down and curves over at the end. It looks squashed from the front view.

The side view shape doesnt seem right either it should be mostly flat across the top and then curve down. The back of the neck should curve inwards a bit roughly level with the bottom of the nose.

I wouldnt use ortho at all to be honest you'll just end up distorting your model. There's no such view in the real world, and it only works if your lining up things exactly in the viewport and you cant because you have no reliable references.

At the moment in my humble opinion I cant recognise it as Bruce Willis, it may be getting there though.

Sorry if thats too much.