3DCoat Forums

My first one.... the fantasy armor.

3DToons

Hi all!

Quick introduction.... I'm from the Netherlands and as small job on the side, I do create 3D toon content for Poser. Until now I've mainly been using TrueSpace 6/7 for my modeling and using various paint/draw applications for my textures. I wanted to take my creations a step further and came across 3D Coat. While most things in it are completely new to me, I just loved it. Bought it tonight and I guess it's time to show my first real use of this awesome application.

I've used it to create an armor for a Poser figure called Chip. The armor parts were modeled with 3D Coat as well as the textures and the body/chainmall texture. I've never 3D painted before, but I was surprised at how well it can be done in 3D Coat. The sword and shield in the second image are modeled in TrueSpace, but painted in 3D Coat. The helmet was modeled with TrueSpace and 3D Coat.

I'm also working on a Roman helmet, I'm following one of the 3D Coat tutorials for that one. when done I'll show that one also.

post-2558-12686072370416_thumb.jpg

post-2558-1268607287952_thumb.jpg

I've followed the tutorial for the helmet. The first version became a bit of a mess, due to me trying out all kinds of things. Took me quite some time to follow the tutorial. Once done with the tutorial, I started over again and was able to paint the helmet in just over 2 hours. Here's the result, I'm really pleased with it. The first image is a render from 3D Coat, the second one from Poser 8. The last images also shows the shield, which I redid in 3D Coat to match the helmet.

post-2558-12690116913933_thumb.jpg

post-2558-12690117265481_thumb.jpg

post-2558-12690118500703_thumb.jpg