3DCoat Forums

Applied UVs, saved my project, now I can't load it!

• Advanced Member

I posted in the UV forum about the problem I was having with messed up UVs. I re-loaded my project, applied the UV set, saved the project and still had issues with verts being connected.

I quit 3DC and then when I later tried to reload the project, 3DC immediately crashed. I rebooted my machine and tried to load the project and still it's crashing. I get an out of memory error each time - but when I was painting, it was not using much ram at all - less than 1GB. There are no voxels, no displacements - this was just a painting job.

Any ideas?? I'm stuck and have lost all my work.

Paul

• Advanced Member

UPDATE - I think I found a bug.

Try applying UVs with Symmetry left turned on. Then go back to the paint room and your object will have verts pulled in weird directions, forming all sorts of spikes. If you save this and try to reload the 3DC project, it will crash the program.

Paul

EDIT: I just tried without symmetry turned on and I still get the spikes. This happens on nearly every LWO I load. Apply UVs, go to paint and my object explodes.

It could be good if you will send me the LWO sample to test and fix. I tried one, but all worked well.

Is your LWO with open edges or closed?

Also, what workflow you used?

- import LWO

- paint

- change seams in some way

- apply UV

- paint

?

Also I recommend you use Incremental save, it helps to keep versions history.

Also I may try to recover broken file if you will upload it somewhere.