3DCoat Forums

zBrush opens the animation chapter...

Taros

• Advanced Member

Hey man, no, I don't take it easy... this forum is full of bug reports, thanks anyway.

The model is a 5M voxel. But have a look in 'wip' I solved the problem. Symmetry did it. Has something to do with what you reported about subdivision etc (relax... ) . Symmetry, definitely doesn't work OK on the mac version, I have to do some relax tricks. LOL I lost some crispness though, thats bad.

First, please 3dCoat guys, fix symmetry problem! 3.2.8 or 3.2.10 or 3.2.10 beta mac (topology room)

About displacement issue, its a challenge for me now. Show me a displaced model from 3DC and I believe that this is possible (displ the way zb or blender does, not just silly bumps). The whole workflow (tex baking) looks like completely wrong approach IMO.

If I understood correctly:

1. We can't bake dis_ from the voxel model directly. But we can bake normals (weird)

2. we have to wrap a hi def skin (topology), then export it, use it for tex baking tool.

3. I have (mac version) to delete everything in paint room first.

4. Nothing special though because I can't use a 5M retopo skin on my mac (crashes)

Now, voxel export has a different scale than the topo model. I can't use the voxel export for baking or something...

If these are correct, I don't take it easy, eh and this sounds like really terrible GUI.

• Advanced Member

GAAAAASP.

I take it by 'GAAAAASP' you mean you think the comment i made was bad and don't agree that people should be able to try a updated zbrush demo/trial version before they spend $595 for something they might later realize they don't want as much or maybe can't even run etc?

Maybe you agree though but when you reply with just 'GAAAAASP' it's not very helpful to be honest, in any case i think what i said is perfectly valid and any software with a cost should have some sort of way to demo it before buying and even more so with high cost software.

• Advanced Member

Phil, If this dis map is adopted from voxels then you have to write a tutorial, or instuctions. This may work as disp_map, its too heavy contrasted though for this purpose.

Please... the workflow I mentioned above is somehow wrong, I don't know...

• Contributor

I take it by 'GAAAAASP' you mean you think the comment i made was bad and don't agree that people should be able to try a updated zbrush demo/trial version before they spend for something they might later realize they don't want as much or maybe can't even run etc?

Maybe you agree though but when you reply with just 'GAAAAASP' it's not very helpful to be honest, in any case i think what i said is perfectly valid and any software with a cost should have some sort of way to demo it before buying and even more so with high cost software.

No

I

Were

Just

Gasping

by

reading

your

lack

of

punctuation

and

spacing.

I agree thas wasn't a particulary helpful comment, but i though (how foolish of me), that you would understand the obvious and edit your comment, so that i can, i don't know, maybe understand your sentence.

• Advanced Member

OK taros. But at least I had an answer here.

Questions and bug reports are in every topic here. Have you noticed? In this particular topic even some guys shell their license.

Well, this is not an open source community. Where is the manual then? About all 'essential' and critical details that make an app useful.

All these questions help 3DC to be a better app, thats my opinion. Time to think what makes a particular GUI better than another one. So, this is on the topic alright.

• Advanced Member

Back to this topic.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=086043

watch the second video, a friend there made the model. ZB has a fast renderer, it exports this as alpha transparent scene. I'm wondering... it may be more useful than we think. At least for dark scenes. lol