3DCoat Forums

Show overlapping polys in UV-preview

Taros

Very important.

When working with auto seams and unfolding high poly meshes, sometimes 3DC generates overlapping polys. Especially, when the object is complex.

My wish: Show the overlapping polys in the uv-preview. Give us the possibility to find the overlaps fast and correct them manually by setting new seams.

This would help a lot.

Thank you

Chris

• Advanced Member

Very important.

When working with auto seams and unfolding high poly meshes, sometimes 3DC generates overlapping polys. Especially, when the object is complex.

My wish: Show the overlapping polys in the uv-preview. Give us the possibility to find the overlaps fast and correct them manually by setting new seams.

This would help a lot.

Thank you

Chris

+1

+2. Although there *is* minimal feedback for overlapping (if I'm not mistaken it's a green-colored edge instead of the standard blue-colored edge), it's just not enough. Modo does it right with its super-obvious red-shading for overlapping, but since 3DCoat already uses Red, blue, cyan for its stretching feedback, Andrew would probably need to implement a specific "show overlap" mode toggle.