3DCoat Forums

Dutch tutorial (first attempt)

Found some interesting screen videocapture software (Camtasia at http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp) and decided for a trial while playing with 3dC after working hours. Though it might be of little use for most of you as it is in Dutch an d rather basic I decided to post it anyway just for the odd 2 or 3 Dutch users. I'll try an English version later. Crits and comments are welcome. Th efile can be viewed here http://www.studioflip.nl/training_2/

Hi,

The video was clear, the size was good, and the zoom-in on the menu selections was effective, also the playback was smooth for me. The audio is clear throughout and even though I don't speak dutch I was able to follow along very well!

I can make two suggestions, but these are very minor. First thing, the noise in the background was consistent and the tutorial's audio would no doubt be even better without it, I'm guessing it was a fish tank? Second, you might consider breaking it into two parts.

Overall, a nice demonstration of per-pixel painting, thanks for sharing!

-Jim

Thanks Jim for your reply. I'll split the tutorial (perhaps 27 min is a bit too long) and future versions too. The fishtank you heard were the fans of my pc (al 8 of them), and that noise partially cancelled out by the audio filter it would indeed have been more quiet when cooled with water.

it does not load

Klopt ruimteschilder, the file is a bit too large to load quickly and also Firefox does not like the mp4 quicktime format wrapped in a swf player. I'm busy breaking the file into managable chunks and flv format which Firefox does seem to like. Couldn't fix the audio fishtank-gurgle (noise partially cancelled out and compressed), so for future versions i'll do another audio setup. Thinking about english audio track. First thoughts at training_3