3DCoat Forums

My Bob Ross tribute sketch

• Contributor

Bob Ross was a painter on PBS - the guy with the fuzzy hair that always talked about happy clouds and squirrels. Anyhow, he died 15 years ago today, and I thought I'd do a happy painting in his memory. I always enjoyed watching his show. So, this may be more crappy than happy, but it was fun and really fast! Those clouds are having a good time, just floating around and enjoying the day. :)

Here's a list of the colors I used:

Alizarin Crimson, Bright Red, Cadmium Yellow, Dark Sienna, Indian Yellow, Midnight Black, Mountain Mixture, Phthalo Blue, Phthalo Green, Prussian Blue, Sap Green, Titanium White, Van Dyke Brown & Yellow Ochre

(If you've ever seen the show, you'll get it.) ;)

So, I'll see you next time, and God bless my friend.

Greg

P.S. Feel free to hijack this thread and put your own 'Bob Ross' painting in!

ross.jpg

Nice work :)

Back in 2000 I had an operation and was off work for 12 weeks, I started watching Bob every morning on cable and was fascinated by how easy he made it all look. I remember one of the episodes he had a field mouse in his top pocket while he painted one scene.

He came across as such a nice guy.

• Contributor

Nice going! I wonder if you would mind transcribing those colors (that I really miss) into RGB or HSL. I'll bet there is a market for such a palette. :rolleyes:

Lol Tony. I'll get right on that! :D

• Contributor

Nice work :)

Back in 2000 I had an operation and was off work for 12 weeks, I started watching Bob every morning on cable and was fascinated by how easy he made it all look. I remember one of the episodes he had a field mouse in his top pocket while he painted one scene.

He came across as such a nice guy.

I still enjoy watching his show. It comes on Saturday afternoon here. Yep, he seemed like a great guy. The world could use a few more like him. I DO fall asleep watching that show though. Very hypnotic.