3DCoat Forums

How to import Zbrush dis map to 3DC ?

Amber

• Advanced Member

Hi guys,

Did anyone managed to import Zbrush dis map into 3DC ? I tried to import it through texture > import dis ut no results with that, any ideas ?

It seems to work here on a simple sphere from ZB.

I had to crank up the multiplier quite a bit though - did you by by chance leave this setting at 1?

• Advanced Member

Tried some different objects no luck,I create dis in Zbrush with adaptive on export, import obj for pixel painting default values,import dis, and this is what i get

object was uvmapped with Zbrush uv tool, but tried to uv in some other apps but displacement is always broken along seams.

brokenl.jpg

simple sphere displacement is ok along the seam but then it breaks, i mean by that displacements is not applied to whole surface,some of the object surface is left without displacement

broken2r.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Tried some different objects no luck,I create dis in Zbrush with adaptive on export, import obj for pixel painting default values,import dis, and this is what i get

object was uvmapped with Zbrush uv tool, but tried to uv in some other apps but displacement is always broken along seams.

brokenl.jpg

simple sphere displacement is ok along the seam but then it breaks, i mean by that displacements is not applied to whole surface,some of the object surface is left without displacement

broken2r.jpg

Have you try to flip vertically the displacement map before using it in 3Dcoat?