3DCoat Forums

Retopo and ID

SkeeZo

Hello everybody !

(First of all, sorry for my engish, I french :( ...)

I would have to know if it is possible on 3dcoat to have some ID of mat on the same object, during the repoto

I explain a little more in detail.

I have a character, I make a retopo, I place my UV (up to here everything is well)

But I need to separate the UV of the head and the body. To have two big maps (one for the body and another one for the head)

What means making two different Unwrap.

I searched almost everywhere, but impossible to find

Is anybody have an idea ?

Thank you very much!

See You :)

Hi! Yes you can do this, I can't use 3DC at the moment (at hotel room for Siggraph, with a laptop), so my steps may be not as accurate as normal.

1. Create your UV map as one whole.
  2. On the top left of the app, under file, in the UV room, you should see a drop down list with 3 options, Add, Remove and Rename UV set. Choose Add.
  3. Now select the islands you wish to have on their own map, and in the second drop down list on the top, select the UV map you wish to move these islands to.
  4. Voila!

Hope this helps.

• Advanced Member

Ok, I did this. When I open the UV manager the new maps name shows up on the upper right side menu..but nothing is there. The UV map on the preview shows it has been moved and is blank for that island.

What am I missing here?

geothefaust to the rescue, thanks too for this tip. I've been using other apps for this, but no more ;-)

Awesome, good to hear! :)

Ok, I did this. When I open the UV manager the new maps name shows up on the upper right side menu..but nothing is there. The UV map on the preview shows it has been moved and is blank for that island.

What am I missing here?

Hmm, interesting... Could you take a screenshot or two of the "before" and "after"?