3DCoat Forums

ffd tool

adamdaly

• Reputable Contributor

Hi, i'm trying to modify a mesh, scaling one end so that the object tapers in a linear way. Using the pose tool though gives the object a curve from one end to the other. Is there any method to do this correctly or a tool like a ffd cage.

thanks

adam

Right now, you don't have a FFD cage for a model that you import/merge, but primitives only. Maybe that would be a good future feature request. There is supposedly a way to place obj's in the primitives folder in the 3DC directory (there is a button in the parameters panel named "More Primitives?"and clicking that will give you info on how to do it) and have a FFD cage applied to it, but when I tried I couldn't get it to work as expected...maybe you will have better luck?

• Advanced Member

Hi, i'm trying to modify a mesh, scaling one end so that the object tapers in a linear way. Using the pose tool though gives the object a curve from one end to the other. Is there any method to do this correctly or a tool like a ffd cage.

thanks

adam

why not make it a curve mesh and then draw a curve with two points and scale the points?

• Contributor

why not make it a curve mesh and then draw a curve with two points and scale the points?

...if he saves the curve preset with enough spacing so to get a single copy between 2 points it would work for sure.

Thats very clever,I would never have thought of that. :)