3DCoat Forums

Venus faun and a fish

michalis

• Advanced Member
My answer for question no 2:

When you activate "curves", then a splines window appears. Hold on one of the profile icons. A tooltip say you the path for the objects.

The default folder is ..\VoxStamps\Splines\*.*

Look into this folder, it should be selfexplaining. You can create your own folders.

OK thanks, I know this. What confuses me is orientations and sizing.

Maybe a quick render but it does look good. 2.5 Zbrush, I do have that version but only on my second slower Windows OS computer...

Oops wrong, I mean the 2.5d function of zbv4. A useful combination of 2d painting and 3d projections. A tool for illustrations.

:)

?

I guess Moska is answering your question from December 23. regarding screen capture software.

Yo can also try Camtasia or Jing. Jing comes in a free version that allows up to 5 minutes of video capture. I am not sure how they work on a mac, but on the PC they are doing a real good job.

Nice test you did with the tinker Toys. If the human parts got a shader that looked a bit more like skin it would be really scary. did you render in 3D-Coat?

• Advanced Member

I see, thanks, both of you. I'll try it.

These are 3dc renders. Still playing with instances, internal renderer and Ps. Just having some fun. I'm wondering what fellow architects could say about possible use of 3dc as a concept sketcher. They prefer sketchup but 3dc is a much more "direct" sketcher. More 'human' ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I have some kind of weird story in mind, do you like to participate in a comic project? Lot of flying objects, lot of everything. Lot of smoke unfortunately lol.

Anyway, here, still searching and testing the style I have in mind.

• Advanced Member

The snail man in this well known parallel (collateral?) dimensional world is running, good for him-her. Not the best moment to go there.

"All these begun after I bought this artifact from a weird old fellow. He told me that this was a key (a gate?) to other dimensions. "

A misunderstanding of Wittgenstein's quotes, this is all about.

"The solution of philosophical problems can be compared with a gift in a fairy tale: in the magic it appears enchanted and if you look at it outside in daylight it is nothing but an ordinary bit of iron".

:)

Some more tests.

• Advanced Member

"complaining again Ludwig, is there anything I can do"?

"no sir, the facts is my concern, not things"

I need some help on english here.

Its a 3dc, groboto, zbrush sketch (one hour). Testing materials for a graphic novel I have in mind. WW1 this time, or something similar. 1 sec render time, no PP. Photo-real isn't what I have in mind.

More to come.

• Reputable Contributor

Rats, are the facts sir, every night with their greasy fur, pieces of clothing still hanging about them they come. Albrecht started killing them in the hut, screaming you will not eat me out there in No Man's land, NO,Noooooooo not you heir rat. Poor Aldo was nearly cut in half by Albrecht's bayonet. The facts sir, rats, get rid of the rats...

One hour, good work...

• Advanced Member

"These are just things comrade, you, me, Albrecht, the captain, rats, the machine guns, dead bodies... The fact is that we are part of it, of the world... I need to finish my book, I need to be alone somehow..."

"Captain asks for a volunteer, an observer for the artillery, in the dead zone, are you interested comrade ? ha ha"

"Maybe..."

"... Albrecht, Ludwig is an idiot, you know this... "

"I'm not, Idiot means -idiota-idiotis (greek) means that my concerns are my own goods- I'm not such a man..."

"Hey captain, he started again, give him the job..."

"I see, well, Ludwig, you aren't a married man after all, no kids and wife waiting for you... "

So, I need two more portraits here... lot of rats and lot of mud. Rifle and machine gun... But we wont see Ludwig's face, this is the trick.

• Contributor

Fine lot of horrors you've unearthed! A hideous war, led by idiots and wiping out much of Europe's youth. But it wasn't quite enough, so they had another go with another crop of young men. Thank God for the triumph of commerce over hubris.

• Advanced Member

Thanks tony nemo.

As they say, based on true events.

Horror exists, but I wish I could write a story based on the birth of modern philosophy. A real thriller.

The main character, the one we wont see his face, is based on Ludwig Wittgenstein. He was in the middle of the WW1 frontiers, in no mans land, where he started writing "tractatus logico-philosophicus". 100 years passed and still we don't understand where plato and aristotle were wrong. Our laws are based on this ancient logical system, our common sense, our education. Their methods of thinking are the best, Russell and Wittgenstein use exact the same, they show us what was wrong though. Mathematically proved this time.

A real thriller. Our existence. In no mans land.

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Its a new project I'm working on. This may help me understand all the problems and learn something. The faun the fish-like and the head of the girl were sculpted in 3dc. The rest of the nude in blender (old box modeling, colored groups etc. It was more simple to set the pose this way. I had to edit auto-topology in blender, so to check ngones etc. The whole composition in zbrush4, rendering too. Now starting details, the faun first. I copied the pose of the nude only.

Love this, Michalis.