3DCoat Forums

Harel Sketch's

harel

• Advanced Member

Nice sketch! It's possible to get sharper edges in surface mode using the pinch tool. But as soon as you switch back to voxel mode, the mesh is regenerated and tends to smooth out sharp areas if the resolution is not sufficient. So one workflow is to switch to surface mode towards the end of the sculpt to do the sharpening.

• Advanced Member

Nice sketch indeed!! Great colors.

I

t's possible to get sharper edges in surface mode using the pinch tool. But as soon as you switch back to voxel mode, the mesh is regenerated and tends to smooth out sharp areas if the resolution is not sufficient. So one workflow is to switch to surface mode towards the end of the sculpt to do the sharpening.

Yeah, using the last mac build this smoothing is less visible maybe because I can work in higher resolutions now. Sharpening should take place in the end because the worst is to increase resolution, this is my problem. Pinch along with the scrape, the move and the build tool are my basic voxel or surface tools.

• Contributor

Looking good, try using the copy tool in the vox room to create those plates on a seperate layer the you will be able to get a far crisper edge.

My advice would be do not try and go too far with Voxels they are great for roughing out the form but as soon as you try and push them too hard for detail you will very quickly find you sculpt unstable and hitching performance, even on the strongest system.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Contributor

There's no proper workflow, whatever works for you, but you have to know that surface offer crisper edges an crisper details if voxel resolution is high enough. Some use that extra crispiness for their final bake/export.

But like I said, there's no obligatory worflow, like many apps it's the intent and the result that count :)

• 5 weeks later...