gbball

Gbball's sketchbook

129 posts in this topic

Some new stuff using the new brushes from surface mode...

Having lots of fun. Also bought a Bernini book...he is a great sculptor...Very inspirational.

130264548319.jpg

130264590981.jpg

Profile.

Needs some work, but will keep working at it.

130319114236.jpg

130319125545.jpg

130319132466.jpg

Digging creature. C & C welcome.

-G

Wow looks great any plans to animate the digger creature?:)

Wow looks great any plans to animate the digger creature?:)

Yeah, I originally came up with the idea as a creature in a game...so I might keep carrying it forward. I'd have to make some adjustments to the back leg pose for rigging though. Any suggestions?

-G

There is some very solid shapes in there, I'm not fond of the the general design (it feels as if the head was rushed and not really thought out to look cool or be functional), but some parts feel very good (namely the deltoid parts and those inbetween-knuckles part)

It looks very hard (rock-like ?) yet there some nice flow.Also now I understand why you wanted to keep the old over 100% vox brush behaviour :) I hope you get it back when presets are implemented.

You seem to have a very personal way of handling sculpting, I like your style it's uncommon.

There is some very solid shapes in there, I'm not fond of the the general design (it feels as if the head was rushed and not really thought out to look cool or be functional), but some parts feel very good (namely the deltoid parts and those inbetween-knuckles part)

It looks very hard (rock-like ?) yet there some nice flow.Also now I understand why you wanted to keep the old over 100% vox brush behaviour :) I hope you get it back when presets are implemented.

You seem to have a very personal way of handling sculpting, I like your style it's uncommon.

Thanks man,

You are right though, the head is not very functional...I still think it looks kind of cool though, what about it did you think could be better? As for the broken smooth brush, yeah, it was perfect for the bumps on his forearms.

-G

130397348695.jpg

Voxel experiment...

I wanted to try making a character where I just used boolean operations to cut away at a block. I ended up using the pose tool a bunch too.

The final result is a blend of my retopo mesh with a bit of painting combined with the original vox sculpt.

100% 3DC

-G

Rapid 2 combined with cuda accelerated smoothing is awesome...It's almost all I use.

130397452720.jpg

-G

a bit lighter...

130397494728.jpg

Your Voxel Experiment is Very interesting, Nice shapes on the thin man too. Makes me want to go back and take a further look at surface tools.

High five for whatever surface brush +smooth for sculpting everything ! Smooth is definetely the most polyvalent surfacing asset in 3dcoat...

And nice sculpts, still this cool clean style going :)

(for your monster head, I would have hinted the jaw structure more, how it folds especialy on the central cut, a few "jaw fingers" could help)

Hey everyone,

It's been a super long time since I posted anything here. I've taken a bit of a break from sculpting to try to hone my design skills. Anyways, I couldn't stay away for too long. I've been slowly working away at this guy for quite some time. It's finally at a stage where I think it's close to being done. I plan to rig him up so that his stomach can open like in the drawing.

Comments and Crits are welcome!

Cheers,

Gavin

post-3280-0-54143900-1317641480_thumb.jp

post-3280-0-39332800-1317642470_thumb.jp

post-3280-0-40726200-1317642459_thumb.jp

post-3280-0-25821600-1317642461_thumb.jp

I like it, But id prefer less harsh muscle definition, more like the Concept.

I like it, But id prefer less harsh muscle definition, more like the Concept.

Thanks,

You mean in the back and arms? I did those with a bit more anatomy than the rest.

-G

It suggests to me, "Revenge of the Turtles". :good:

I mean the deep recess created by your sculpting, nothing wrong with the anatomy. The material has cavity, Maybe try a shot without? The way each form is outlined.

I like it :good:...and think it will look good either way, once you get it into a 3D App, with a proper Skin shader and SSS, specular highlights, etc...and of course good lighting. I'd like to see the final render when you get around to it.

That mouth belly is the raddest thing I have seen in a long time:)

That mouth belly is the raddest thing I have seen in a long time:)

Thanks man!

I just have to figure out how to accomplish something animatable that will have the same essence as the drawing!

-G

132091513143.jpg

Quick voxel sketch

From this doodle that I liked

post-3280-0-23359000-1320915483_thumb.jp

that's looking cool. pretty good translation of the 2D concept.

one thing you could add more detail to is the ear. not a lot, just a bit to get it closer to what's on the concept.

good to see you having the time for some 3D.

that's looking cool. pretty good translation of the 2D concept.

one thing you could add more detail to is the ear. not a lot, just a bit to get it closer to what's on the concept.

good to see you having the time for some 3D.

Hey Raden,

Good to see you on here. I see a couple other things that I'd like to revisit, like the legs and the size of his forehead...I'll probably make both a bit shorter. I'll also fix up the ear and re-post.

It's kind of fun to use primitives and the adjustment tools to quickly build characters.

I'd like to see what you would do with some of the new liveclay brushes and surface tools.

132270263168.jpg

Some more progress on my stomach mouth sculpt.

C&C welcome!

-G

1 person likes this