3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.5 updates thread

• Advanced Member

Updated to 3.5.04 [beta] (Win+Mac, Linux - I hope tomorrow)

Changes:

- New brush engine in paint and voxel surface modes. Native voxels are still untouched. The main purpose was to make strokes cleaner and smoother.

- New brushes: Scratches, Mud, Inflate

- Every tool stores own brush/alpha. It can be turned off in preferences.

- Fixed OSX clipboard memory leak problem.

- Fixed bug - incorrect export of world space normalmap when normalmap layer is present.

- SL-related prolem solved - http://bit.ly/bZYJHL

- Depth based shaders will work in ortho mode too.

- Fixed bleeding problem while exporting PSD with just current layer.

New surface brush engine in voxel room is AMAZING! so smooth and fluid!

brilliant work :D

BTW anyone seen the Mud brush?

Mud and Scratches tools are right where they're supposed to be in the voxel Surface mode. Inflate seems to work pretty well.

I have the splotch problem too, except for when the brush fallof is 0%

Oh yes, when I change the falloff to above 0% I also see this problem.

Sad to see the Linux build 2 versions behind now :(

I just spoke with Andrew on this, it will likely be updated to 3.5.04 tomorrow. Sergyi has the files for compiling. :) Am looking forward to re-installing Ubuntu and testing it out.

- New brush engine in paint and voxel surface modes. Native voxels are still untouched. The main purpose was to make strokes cleaner and smoother.

Can you please please please fix the snappy jaggedness in move tool while you're at it? I've pretty much completely given up sculpting in 3dc because of it.

Saving brush settings for every tool is really awesome.

I spent so much time selecting the brushes on every toolswitch before.

Now I have the smooth falloff for move, sharp brush for pinch everytime I use the tools.

Downloaded 3.5.04. when opening the app, it says "3D-Coat cannot be opened because of a problem"

Process: 3D-Coat [1790]

Path: /Applications/3D-Coat-V3/3D-Coat.app/Contents/MacOS/3D-Coat

Identifier: com.yourcompany.3D-Coat

Version: ??? (???)

Code Type: X86 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [101]

Date/Time: 2010-11-03 18:30:15.638 +0100

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.4 (10F2090)

Report Version: 6

Interval Since Last Report: 943375 sec

Crashes Since Last Report: 20

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 1

Anonymous UUID: ...

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: @executable_path/libtbb.dylib

Referenced from: /Applications/3D-Coat-V3/3D-Coat.app/Contents/MacOS/3D-Coat

Reason: image not found

Model: iMac11,3, BootROM IM112.0057.B00, 2 processors, Intel Core i5, 3.6 GHz, 12 GB, SMC 1.59f2

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5750, ATI Radeon HD 5750, PCIe, 1024 MB

Same here. 3.5.04 wont start on my mac.

• Advanced Member

Saving brush settings for every tool is really awesome.

I spent so much time selecting the brushes on every toolswitch before.

Now I have the smooth falloff for move, sharp brush for pinch everytime I use the tools.

Yeah, this is awesome... really speeds things up!

• Reputable Contributor

Can you please please please fix the snappy jaggedness in move tool while you're at it? I've pretty much completely given up sculpting in 3dc because of it.

In the mean time, can you try to use the Move tool in Surface mode or on a proxy while having the layer cached? Almost anytime I want to use the Move or Pose tools, I switch to one of those, and it's pretty smooth.

• Applink Developer

Confirmed here too. It seams that if you use falloff value when painting it creates only splotch. If fallout is 0%, no splotches.

But anyway. It really looks amazing update. Painting is much smoother and precies. Ones all small bugs get fixed it will be dream

to paint in 3d-Coat.

• Reputable Contributor

New surface brush engine in voxel room is AMAZING! so smooth and fluid!

brilliant work :D

+1. I'm not noticing any issues in Surface mode, and man...the brush feel is outstanding. Silky smooth. Great work, Andrew. Very much appreciated. :yahoo:

• Advanced Member

I don't see the 2 new brushes.. Scratches and mud... :mellow:

Peace,

Rich_Art. :good:

You have to be in Surface mode,to do this hit the Voxtree tab (bottom right) and LMB on the little cube next to the layer of your object.

• Contributor

+1. I'm not noticing any issues in Surface mode, and man...the brush feel is outstanding. Silky smooth. Great work, Andrew. Very much appreciated. :yahoo:

Don, have you tried the pose tool in surface mode? Wondering if it's just on my end...

Hello Andrew,

When I launch 3.5.04 I got this:

-----------------------------------

3D-Coat cannot be opened because of a problem.

Check with the developer to make sure 3D-Coat works with this version of Mac OS X ....

And here's the error report:

Process: 3D-Coat [4424]

Path: /Applications/3D-Coat-V3/3D-Coat.app/Contents/MacOS/3D-Coat

Identifier: com.yourcompany.3D-Coat

Version: ??? (???)

Code Type: X86 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [210]

Date/Time: 2010-11-04 19:16:08.300 +0800

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.4 (10F569)

Report Version: 6

Interval Since Last Report: 1921281 sec

Crashes Since Last Report: 40

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 9

Anonymous UUID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: @executable_path/libtbb.dylib

Referenced from: /Applications/3D-Coat-V3/3D-Coat.app/Contents/MacOS/3D-Coat

Reason: image not found

Model: iMac11,1, BootROM IM111.0034.B00, 4 processors, Intel Core i7, 2.80 GHz, 8 GB ...

I trashed my 3.5.03 before installation, and retry download & install a few times, still the same :unsure:

Looks like something's missing in the package, hope you can solve this in the next build :)

Thank you ~

Found another bug:

"Use randomly one of two colors" "Use random color between two" random color modes do not work anymore with brushes that use the "draw by spots" option like hair and scratch brushes. Instead you get this funny block pattern.

And whenever I use AUTOPO it creates two groups.

post-3109-12888736711035_thumb.jpg

In the mean time, can you try to use the Move tool in Surface mode or on a proxy while having the layer cached? Almost anytime I want to use the Move or Pose tools, I switch to one of those, and it's pretty smooth.

It's not a performance issue. It behaves just the same in every mode and detail level.

The problem is most apparent when doing small movements. You can move the cursor about 2mm in screen space without affecting the surface, causing it to deform in steps. That small slack space is not an issue for broader movements, but small nudges and tweaks are really awkward to do.

• Contributor

It's not a performance issue. It behaves just the same in every mode and detail level.

The problem is most apparent when doing small movements. You can move the cursor about 2mm in screen space without affecting the surface, causing it to deform in steps. That small slack space is not an issue for broader movements, but small nudges and tweaks are really awkward to do.

Agreed, it's as if the tool was waiting to reach another chunk of points from the point cloud to start affecting the surface.

Also, Andrew, could you make the falloff be remembered by the tools ? It would be more cohesive and pretty useful. And I have a question, is it possible that the change in brush engine doesn't show much on my side because I have a pretty decent computer and that it compensated already ?