3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.5 updates thread

• Contributor

Ok Andrew I tested new brush engine in Surface mode. :)

Here are bugs I found:

-Chisel and Flatten dont work in symmetry on backfacing parts.

-Absolute and Extrude brush are missing Initial Vertex method and strokes match very poorly the selected brushes "images"(pen,alphas..whatever we call them)

post-1195-12888786307456_thumb.jpg

-Also,I get holes little black patches when smoothing or using inverted tool action.

post-1195-12888788132811_thumb.jpg

Beside those 3 things I must say that now i like it a lot but ...at first I hated it.

It seems new engine is much more sensitive to brush images with some tools(like Sf.Clay).

I had to relearn all my brush tricks,at first I was really shocked especially when using SF.Clay with hard fullwhite brush.

But I now enjoy it a lot but...its very different.But definitely a greater sense of precision. :good:

• Advanced Member

Andrew Congratulations and thankyou for having a look at the brush engine. It works blindingly fast on my machine at work (will test on home laptop tonight)

Is this the best place to submit bug reports?

BUG - brush faceted (per pixel painting)

brush_faceting.jpg

Bug - brush errors with spacing set to 100%

brush_spacing.jpg

*editing* oops massive images sorry. resizing now (how do I get thumbnails?)

I discovered it. It looks like "Draw by spots" and "Use spacing" should not be used together. One or second. I will fix it.

Is that the same issue affecting the random color modes too? See my post on the last page.

• Advanced Member

Is it just me or is the strength of the Airbrush too weak (even at 200%) Why > 100% anyway? I find it confusing.

weak_airbrush.jpg

Both brushes set to 100% transparency and painting using the mouse

I am trying to find a way to reproduce... but no luck.

Thanks Andrew,

Hmm... it happens on 3 different systems, all x64, one Vista, two Win7, 2 QuadroFX 4600, one QuadroFX 4500. I'm using the x64 version of 3D-Coat 3.5.04A, bug is in both, CUDA and SIMPLE versions.

• Advanced Member

Ok, I will adjust strength.

Would it also be possible to cap the sliders to 100% (unless there is a reason for the sliders to go past 100% of course)

I just think it will make for a tidier interface and program.

Congratulations with the last releases Andrew: massive speed improvement and the new brush engine looks great so far ! thanks.

Here's a bug using the stamp mode (e-panel) when in ppp mode; I also see some random appearance of some blocky shapes when using pen #3 in the e-panel with jitter enabled.

see pic:

Luke

post-922-12889035504935_thumb.jpg

• Reputable Contributor

I found if some curves drawn in autoretop it becomes very slow. Same goes for retop room.

Can you use a video screen capture (Jing is free and let's you upload the video to their server) to better illustrate the problem. It helps to see precisely what is taking place and if it is indeed a bug or if it's a setting that needs adjusting. In this case, it sounds like it may be a bug...but screen grabs always help

I found that working with re topology was slow as well until I made the high resolution mesh locked (objects panel). It was faster after. In previous versions, I didn't need to do this.

I also experienced the bug with the stamp and paint with rectangle brush method in PP paint mode.