3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.5 updates thread

• Advanced Member

Please check if file ...\Documents\3D-CoatV3\Temp\LayersZ.psd exists and is correct.

Yes it is there, the file is valid and shows the correct view. All perfect - it only didn't get

loaded into Photoshop. I say didn't because it works now! Automatic repair.

I have no Clue what's going on.

Hi !

I want to use 3d-coat on linux, but CUDA version doesn't work... (voxel room is empty after merge objects) :( LWO export/import doesn't work... :(

There is on Ubuntu 10.10, 11.04 too. CUDA toolkit verison 3.2. NVidia 260.41.06.

What's wrong ? Can anybody help me ?

Thanks,

Oleeblood

You need cuda toolkit version 3.0, and works fine !

Bye,

Oleeblood

• Advanced Member

Just started playing with 19A Linux, all I can say so far is Fantastic job Andrew! the cavity painting is perfect and Autopo to mv works flawlessly without any UV problems or mesh holes, its been a while since I was so excited, now for more testing...

T.

• Advanced Member

Pen pressure works fine here. V3.5-19A-(CUDA)(DX64)- Win 7 64 Bit - CINTIQ 21

I had problems with my Wacom drivers resetting my preferences after reboot or not starting up at all. So I contacted Wacom support. Here is what the told me to do:

The first thing we need is for you to complete a full reinstall as an Admin user.

Please follow the directions below:

Unplug the tablet from the computer.

Uninstall the driver from the PROGRAMS AND FEATURES (respectively ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS) section of the Control Panel

Reboot your system

Remove any remaining Wacom entries from device manager

Remove the following files from your system:

tablet.dat and pen_tablet.dat from all over the hard disk (search as administrator)

wintab*.* from WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 (and on XP64 in SYSWOW64)

Reboot your system

Your tablet driver is now completely removed from the system.

To install the tablet again, plug in the tablet again and install the latest driver for your tablet (from http://www.wacom.eu/index2.asp?lang=en&pid=29&gm=3).

After the reinstall, please check if

A. the driver starts all the time

B. the preferences are stored / used after each restart

I followed the instructions and the problems mentioned above are now gone.

-Martin

Thanks Martin, that worked for me as well.

Cheers,

Franck.

• Contributor

Au contraire, the exact same click with my Wacom mouse or stylus gets the Picker but does not swap the two swatches. :o

As if to humiliate me the bloody thing now works normally. I think it didn't because the Picker was already open when I initially tried. Hopefully, the admin will scrub this from the thread.

I think you can also hit the X key, like in photoshop. (I know I know, tablet PC)

Another reason one may not be able to use the keyboard and a stylus so easily, is because the user may only have one arm.

Is this supposed to be a question? ... lazy, disabled, hands in the pants.

Yes it was a question, and I still think a reasonable one. When making unusual changes like that, or any change, Andrew has to consider the user base. It's what, maybe 5% of users that need this feature?

• Advanced Member

Its not a change its an addition. And i strongly believe that way more than 5% will use this regulary. If they "need" it is not a question of the usability of software. I had to use undo/redo a lot(!) and would really love to be able to access that quickly. Thats all im saying.

Oh Phil, we're not all as suave as yourself. Some of us like, and even prefer, to do things different than others. ;)

Yes, Fully customizable UI. Redundancy is sometimes the only way to make things heard or seen. Did I mention fully customizable UI is on the long term plan? Could happen sooner if people voice up. :clapping:

Looks like in 3.5.19 build points are coming unwelded when you subdivide in the retopology toolset. Is there a build available that this does not happen in? I seem to remember it happing in the past as well so Im not sure if one didnt do it.

Looks like in 3.5.19 build points are coming unwelded when you subdivide in the retopology toolset. Is there a build available that this does not happen in? I seem to remember it happing in the past as well so Im not sure if one didnt do it.

Please explain a bit more, not sure that I understood.

3.5.20 [win, beta] uploaded!

- LiveClay - very first beta, so don't expect too much. Go to Edit->Preferences->Show beta tools to enable it.

- New important command in Ptex mode introdiced - http://bit.ly/mt1MBw

- I made user-friendly way to share 3D-Coat's resoureces - http://bit.ly/iEndgn . You may easily create extension packs (3dcpack) with your own Brushes / Strips / Materials / Masks / Shaders / Navigation etc.

- Upload screenshot with hotkey will work correctly even with modal (topmost) dialogs.

- Sculpt room Move tool bug fixed - http://bit.ly/luokql

- Bug fixed related to transforming from Ptex to Miccroverts using UV room and applyUV set. Now pipeline Ptex->UV->Appy->MV works correctly.

- The mv depth painting issue fixed - http://bit.ly/inJ9IE

Some instructions regarding LiveClay -

Use Details slider to vary details, decreasing pen size will increase details level too. Moving pen too fast still produces undesirable details variation. LC supports masks and materials. LC may be baked to texture, but transforming to voxels will degrade details for obvious reason. Usual 3B files will be opened with previoius versions, but if LC was used 3B files will not be opened with previous versions of 3DC. There are still much thinngs to do, it is just our short report for you :)

Playing with LiveClay and it's very awesome! Noticed a couple little things. if the detail is turned all the way up to 1.0 the brush starts to skip after a moment. Lower than 1.0, like .92, and it works fine.

Video:

http://screencast.com/t/QKY0D54xPYl

The only other thing was that 3DC crashed with a Runtime Error and I did not get a bug report submission page.

• Advanced Member
if the detail is turned all the way up to 1.0 the brush starts to skip after a moment. Lower than 1.0, like .92, and it works fine.

I think it's normal Phil. In fact, details should probably work better at ~0.3-0.7

What you have to check is the reducer brush, it's the most important.