3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.5 updates thread

• Advanced Member

Yes BeatKitano.

It's really odd,I tested this on my vista 64 bit(wacom intuos 4 with i7 920),and with my old computer(q6600),where I have vista 32 bit(and intuos 3)2 different version of the drivers,it gives always the same problem,after sometime the pen stops to give depth to the stroke.

Anyway,now I'm testing the linux build and it works like a charm,so no problem.

And I completely happy in this way,the reason I restarted using 3dcoat on windows is only to test liveclay sooner but from now it's better for me to wait,for 3dcoat linux it's the way to go with my system,too much better performance.

btw,thanks for the help.

• Advanced Member

I have to say, about a QT gui, that QTs are not hard to learn at all .

They are very robust and well implemented/organized.

You can setup a dockable layout with very few lines of code.

For lazy people there is also a QT Designer tool that helps creating new GUI visually, even if I always prefer to write them.

In other words, it is a pleasure to develop with QT :)

• Reputable Contributor

Linux version 64bit non-cuda, 3.5.27A

when using the move tool ever once in while the mesh will have an explosion.

No other tools were used before using the move tool.

It appears to start happening when you move on the Y axis but the explosion crosses all axis(xyz)

post-518-0-03636900-1320252681_thumb.jpe

• Reputable Contributor

Same version of Linux as my other post.

Picture shows the results of using the move tool after about 3 appox moves.

The mesh was stretched but not remeshed.

Andrew thanks for adding remove stretching "aka remeshing". Once you are done optimizing the remeshing routine it will be a great asset... :clapping:

post-518-0-76404000-1320253819_thumb.jpe

Hi

same Bug now with OSx since V25C go to save and you get "OUT OF MEMORY save your Work" what you Guys think about us when you give us same Bug

since V25.x ?

Go Back to V 24 the last one that can save my Work and that can handle my Memory .

If you need Help like Logs system Information or soothing else ask about that but V27.x is same than 25C unusable

best

Andre

OSX 3.5.27A uploaded.

Hi

same Bug now with OSx since V25C go to save and you get "OUT OF MEMORY save your Work" what you Guys think about us when you give us same Bug

since V25.x ?

Go Back to V 24 the last one that can save my Work and that can handle my Memory .

If you need Help like Logs system Information or soothing else ask about that but V27.x is same than 25C unusable

best

Andre

Please tell conditions when it usually happens. When just saving any file?

Hi Andrew

i tested now

Voxel Room and Painting both make that:

03.11.11 14:48:19,115 [0x0-0x3c83c8].Pilgway.-D-Coat: Maximum supported image dimension is 65500 pixels

03.11.11 14:48:19,186 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501: ([0x0-0x3c83c8].Pilgway.-D-Coat[51023]) Exited with code: 1

That is one Part second part is after playing in Voxel Room get Message out of memory same as in 25C

I think that are two different Bugs but maybe they come from same Part of 3dc

I do some more tests today so i will make a new User without any Loadet Programs to see if there is same issue .

If i can do something to test let it me know

At the out of memory coms i get this in Log:

03.11.11 14:49:35,000 kernel: nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2

03.11.11 14:49:37,000 kernel: IOSurface: buffer allocation size is zero

03.11.11 14:55:49,209 [0x0-0x3d03d0].Pilgway.-D-Coat: 3D-Coat(51249,0x7fff73d98960) malloc: *** mmap(size=18446744073076453376) failed (error code=12)

03.11.11 14:55:49,209 [0x0-0x3d03d0].Pilgway.-D-Coat: *** error: can't allocate region

03.11.11 14:55:49,209 [0x0-0x3d03d0].Pilgway.-D-Coat: *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

03.11.11 14:55:56,751 [0x0-0x3d03d0].Pilgway.-D-Coat: Maximum supported image dimension is 65500 pixels

03.11.11 14:55:56,909 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501: ([0x0-0x3d03d0].Pilgway.-D-Coat[51249]) Exited with code: 1

I hope that help

best

Andre

best

Andre

:-) edit 3th time

on same machine V24.x works well and like design

Please tell conditions when it usually happens. When just saving any file?

• Reputable Contributor

Linxu 64 bit non-cuda, version 3.5.27A

Using a default sphere.

Only using the move tool with remove stretching turned on.

The mesh stretched some in one of the moves.

I used the cleanupmemory feature and it broke the mesh into small pieces. (in the picture the example is on the left)

I used undo. The mesh returned to normal

Next I used the cleansurface feature and it make a circular break in the mesh. (in the picture the example is on the right)

post-518-0-69876100-1320339917_thumb.jpe

Hi,

3.5.27a for Mac64 still be killed by out of memory.

I tried to run the version on debugger, found an illegal malloc-call.

When the class named cRenderGL stores an image to the data (thumbnail? I dont know), the image size was a negative value.

I guess an image format may be wrong.

int16_t bpp = image->getFormat(); // bpp is a large or a negative value

buf = new char [width * height * format]; // failed to allocation

something like this.

much much easy to fix if the developer see the callstack.

I will post it when I get home, otherwise is it better to send it to someone?

• Advanced Member

Just a test, in the middle of a project. On new mac build. Voxel sculpting (heavy mesh). Exported, rendered, retopo, saved, these all these worked fine. ~One-two hours working. No memory leaks so far. Well done Sergui :clapping:

• Advanced Member

The best build so far. No memory problems, everything worked fast and beautifully.

A fast test ~30 mins. (doodling, nonsenses lol)

Vox at ~300 k, jump to LC mode, reducing and adding geometry, testing tools, resulted at only 500k mesh.

A shader, autoretopo (what an improvement here!!!) UV and baked as MV mesh. Exported at full res (~1.3 M) + tex map.

Imported to zbrush, rebuilded subdivisions, (still looks sharp enough, did Andrew fixed this? It looks like. Great!)

Just rendered in ZB.

I also tried the 3dc renderer, worked fine (just noticed that being in surface mode no shadow casting. This worked after baking (MV) or when in vox mode. I'm not sure if it's a bug (a minor one)

aTest.jpg

Hi

after testing that Build a few days now i found non of the issues from first 27 Build good and fast work.

But i have a Question, did nobody made a Mantis Bug of the other Mac Users here ? This Bug cams up with the first 25 Build

i know that i and some others from Mac users reported memory Problems but i can´t believe that Reaction of that was using older version and wait .

As i see same Bug in 27 i made a Ticket and there i see that nobody have done that before, it was a very good Idea if someone found a Bug or is not Sure

if thats a Bug or a Problem with his own Computer ask here if others have same issue someone must open a Ticket at Mantis Bug Tracker.

Not hole time are same people here reading and posting sometime was at work or at Holliday but being here and using Beta versions of 3d Coat are not

to get newest Features and nice Toys thats Work ok funny work but is its work.

So i invite every Mac User here to open a Ticket at Bug Tracker to tell the developers what going wrong i am sure that posting a Bug searching Logs and send Crash Dumps

is work but exactly for that everybody here can use the newest Beta a second and also important thing is reporting new Features are working.

If we posting Bugs to Bug tracker the next version will be fixed and is not ugly for some users without posting Bugs nobody here me included

can be nervous if Bugs are in two or tree versions .

I am self also used the old Version and think to me any other should make the ticket but that dosen´t work in last two builds so i think we must

be stronger with us and if we found someone making a Bug in mantis

Best

Andre

Hello roentgen and xeen3d! Thanks to your investigations regarding the crash, the bug has been fixed! Please download image 3D-Coat-V3-5-27A again!

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Mac version: 3.5.27A

Exploding mesh particularly at lower/ low mesh resolutions creating system hangs

Crease clay exploding/ artifacts - fix = restart - reload voxel sculpt

Liveclay - hangs system : fix - save form regularly and after lowering resolution by re-sampling.

Aside from this these tools are fantastic even at low resolutions and even when maintaining the mesh resolution by pressing the enter key.

They have a lovely snappy action and I can see that they will replace my habit of using some of the other tools.

The SnakeClay is fantastic for hair curls. A much appreciated addition, I love it.

post-2166-0-00403900-1320629946_thumb.jpg

Noticed too that the Chisel tool has a different response in .27A from .19A - upping the plane softness and the depth in .27A is required to make them similar.

Please no losing tools in V4 - they all have their nuances - even similar tools - often in their shift/smooth modes

post-2166-0-00403900-1320629946_thumb.jp

• Reputable Contributor

Definitely the best build so far, you can have twice the precision without losing topological consistency. Even zbrush didn't achieve that kind of result.

Sample:

The extruded lines are from previous build, it's the tightest I could achieve, just compare after removestrtching+pinch.

REALLY good job Raul and Andrew.

Yes, I had noticed also that the pinch brush got so much better with remove stretching... Coupled with some LC brushes, lots of freedom there...

• Advanced Member

A mix of CreaseClay and InflateClay (+ctrl of course) could be great. IMO. This is exactly how Sculptris Creese works. One of the best tools of sculptris, something that doesn't exist among the great zb tools. Dam-standard looks like it but there isn't any dynamic tessellation there, so...

Something that bothers me. Why not a standard (LC) brush? Or the move brush?

In any case, we can start sculpting using LC tools. Great work guys!!!

Autoretopo is also great now. Excellent work Andrew. I have the feeling that LC mesh helps Autopo. Am I wrong?

Autoretopo is also great now. Excellent work Andrew. I have the feeling that LC mesh helps Autopo. Am I wrong?

That's the feeling I got too, but wasn't sure if I was just seeing things.

It's amazing what is going on behind the scenes in 3DC with these two working together.

Tomorrow I want to release 3.7.

The main intention is to summarize what was done for year and officially start V4 development.

LC stuff is not included in 3.7 (included as beta - just turn on "Show beta tools")

I uploaded preliminary build (3.7.00RC) on the first page. Please help to test if there is nothing awful.

Changes:

- Primitives tools may be used in surface mode too (in boolean way) - http://bit.ly/ufVTxk . It still has to be improved because not all primitives have correct triangles scale in comparison to triangles in scene. We will do this improvement in near future.

- Merge tool may be used in surface mode - it will use boolean operations to merge model. But be careful - it is better to use watertight models, it is better to avoid long stretched triangles or too big faces in comparison to existing in scene. Boolens will eat them without problems but it will create inconvenient geometry for further edit. Also in rare cases booleans may fail - in this case it will lag a bit more and do nothing after all.

- Boolean operations improved a lot in terms of stability and speed. Now you may add/subtract/intersect surface layers in same way as voxels.

- Fixed bug - merging operations always makes 3D Coat drop the file name - http://bit.ly/sbi9cc

- Transform/Copy & Undo bug fixed - http://bit.ly/sILUGs

- Fixed UI bug - http://bit.ly/uHYU5Y

- Fixed RMB in UV room issue - http://bit.ly/rKcSzz

- fixed LC+SHIFT crash - http://bit.ly/rYTUGi

- Fixed crash related to edit/save brushes - http://3d-coat.com/m...view.php?id=405

- Primitives tool improved - now any model from "Models" and "Splines" tabs may be used as custom primitives directly - http://bit.ly/sIPkrz

- Fixed LC bugs - symmetry after cleanup and other