3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.5 updates thread

hello.

I don't think there is another normalmap.

As far as I can remember, I just imported the sphere from maya then painted. that's all.

file > import > import for per pixel painting

(or maybe I just dragged and dropped.)

I do not have 3D-coat at hand.

I am going to check that tomorrow when I get to my office.

Thank you.

added

That happened again.

I don't know what triggers this problem.

There is no additional normalmap.

Though I can't say this is an official company statement, Andrew is, indeed expanding the "core" development team - not just plug-in developers.

One person, in particular, is one of the current expert developers who's specialty is "Dynamic Subdivision".

Greg Smith

I'd like to welcome Raul Fernandez to the 3D-Coat "core" development team, (not to steal a term or anything).

I felt, and Andrew felt and Stas felt that Raul is definitely "the man for the job". Dynamic subdivision, I mean. At least, that will be his starting mission. But, you can expect a lot more from a guy of his talent.

Fasten your safety belts and get ready for the best. What a combination, what a team!

Maybe Raul, himself, will chime in here, to introduce himself more thoroughly.

Greg Smith

• Reputable Contributor

I'd like to welcome Raul Fernandez to the 3D-Coat "core" development team, (not to steal a term or anything).

I felt, and Andrew felt and Stas felt that Raul is definitely "the man for the job". Dynamic subdivision, I mean. At least, that will be his starting mission. But, you can expect a lot more from a guy of his talent.

Fasten your safety belts and get ready for the best. What a combination, what a team!

Maybe Raul, himself, will chime in here, to introduce himself more thoroughly.

Greg Smith

Sounds great. Looking forward to see what they can cook up, together :good: .

• Applink Developer

That's super cool. I have loved the work he has done into blender. Really stunning. :good:

He is a master programmer like Andrew so 3d-coat is in good hands. Love it.

He has coded some amazing smoothing algoritms. I hope we can see them in 3d-coat as well.

Hi.

I can't export a black based displacement map.

Even if I chose zero level is black normalized or not normalized, 3D-coat exports a grey based map.

I am using ver3.5.10 cuda win64.

Ok.

I need to chose .exr.

Edited by mill

Hi all :)

Thanks everyone! I hope being able tu fullfill all your expectations!

3DC is evolving and I would like to feel part of the family as I feel in Blender.

Exiting times ahead, I'm very glad of being part of an excelent 3D crew ;)

Cheers

Raul Fernandez (Farsthary)

3DC is evolving and I would like to feel part of the family as I feel in Blender.

Cheers

Hey Raul! Yes, I'm very glad to have you on the team. Hopefully you can make it to SIGGRAPH this year and we can hang out. We had many dinners last year, haha. Should be good this year too. :)

• Advanced Member

Cheers

Hello Raul I am a blender fanatic and I am so happy to see you here at 3dCoat. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :good::good::good::good::brush::brush::drinks::drinks::yahoo:

• Reputable Contributor

Cheers

Greetings and glad to have you aboard. :good: Many of us have been waiting to see if the Surface (mode) tools and engine could be mirrored to the Sculpt room. After reading some of your comments (about your hopes for the Sculpt Room), I'm very excited and anxious to see what transpires. :drinks:

I am happy to see Raul in our team. There is my short vision of future sculpting in 3DC:

- dynamic tesselation + topology independent multiresolution (that is already done) in 3DC are unbeatable pair.

- same set of booleans in surface mode as in voxel mode. It is actually not too hard, I made it once when I was in GSC Game World and making HOAE game.

With that features you will be able to get full frredom of voxels + overcam thaditional voxel problems:

- lack of sharp edges

- too uniform triangulation