Andrew Shpagin

3D-Coat 3.5 updates thread

2,406 posts in this topic

3.5.01 Cuda64 DX

Win7 64 bits - 2x Xeon5160 @ 3GHz - 32GB RAM - GTX 285 2GB VRAM

Just upgraded today from 3.5.00 and it won't load the scene I worked on the previous version. Stays blocked at 76% loading the file (not responding).

The file is huge, but there is still plenty of memory available, see screenshot below. Also as I said it's working fine on 3.5

post-497-12862630841235_thumb.jpg

Rolling back to 3.5 now :(

Franck.

ED: Forgot to mention, it's a per-pixel painting project.

Edit2: Just to confirm it does load after rolling back to 3.5.00

Unbelievable :( if if does not work even after rolling back. Try reboot pc. Maybe it is rather PC state related than 3dc?

Unbelievable :( if if does not work even after rolling back. Try reboot pc. Maybe it is rather PC state related than 3dc?

Just reinstalling 3.5.00 and I was able to reload the project without any problem. So it is really related to this new version.

3.5.01 Cuda64 DX

Win7 64 bits - 2x Xeon5160 @ 3GHz - 32GB RAM - GTX 285 2GB VRAM

Just upgraded today from 3.5.00 and it won't load the scene I worked on the previous version. Stays blocked at 76% loading the file (not responding).

The file is huge, but there is still plenty of memory available, see screenshot below. Also as I said it's working fine on 3.5

post-497-12862630841235_thumb.jpg

Rolling back to 3.5 now :(

Franck.

ED: Forgot to mention, it's a per-pixel painting project.

Edit2: Just to confirm it does load after rolling back to 3.5.00

It could be a corrupted project file.

Or it could be a corrupted Options.xml file. It is located at:

C:\Users\"YOURUSERNAME"\Documents\3D-CoatV3

Just delete Options.xml and start 3DC back up, does this help?

It could be a corrupted project file.

Or it could be a corrupted Options.xml file. It is located at:

C:\Users\"YOURUSERNAME"\Documents\3D-CoatV3

Just delete Options.xml and start 3DC back up, does this help?

I tried again 3.5.01 while deleting the Options.xml file as you proposed, but the file won't load. Anyway how could it be corrupted if it does load well in 3.5 when I roll back to that version. I'd rather think memory management has changed in version 3.5.01 and has not been tested with large files yet.

Back on 3.5.00 again until this gets fixed.

Funny.. now that you mentioned this issue, I had a version of a file (2GB) that I couldn't load anymore since a couple of past revisions. I only lost 5 minutes of work so I didn't think much of it.. Today I tried loading it in the newest version and it works again! Strange.

The OSX build is slower than 3.5 and once again washes textures when baking. Here we are again. I returned to the older version sorry. I also reported a bug for 3.5 and 3.5.1 . It seems nobody noticed...

About baking problems: Have you set the same texture page resolution fort the baking target?

That latest version of 3dcoat osx is by far the smoothest, fastest version I have had so far.

Cheers

Mike

About baking problems: Have you set the same texture page resolution fort the baking target?

? what is texture page resolution? Same with what? I have a dark texture on a matcap and is baked like burned, its not specularity related.

? what is texture page resolution? Same with what? I have a dark texture on a matcap and is baked like burned, its not specularity related.

Ok. I misunderstood you. I thought you have used the texture baking tool.

Updated to 3.5.02 [beta] (Win+Mac, Linux - soon)

changes:

- 2 new powerful tools in paint room (Layers menu) - Clamp depth and Copy channels. Both respect freeze. Copy channel allows to copy any channel (R,G,B,Luminosity,Alpha,Specular,Depth) to any other channel of any layer. Copying masked by freeze.

- more optimizations over speed, fixed most problems and instability issues from previous build.

- docked windows will not be lost when you are dropping new object in 3dc with drag&drop

Updated to 3.5.02 [beta] (Win+Mac, Linux - soon)

changes:

- docked windows will not be lost when you are dropping new object in 3dc with drag&drop

Unfortunately docked windows still get lost in v.3.5.02 when drag and drop objects.

I seem to have lost all my materials.

I downloaded a new image from the web, uploaded it to the materials tab and used it in the paint room.

When I reopened 3DCoat there were no materials in the materials list. I've checked the materials directory, they are all there and the options.xml file is pointing at the correct place.

Going to give this another go with my home version.

Ricky.

Hi there. I'm a new newbie in this 3dc stuff. loving it.

How can i download this new update 3.5.02.

thank you, mr shpagin for this amazing piece of - i'll say this way - art!

Wow, I've just downloaded the CUDA drivers and the 3DC Cuda version... wow, I can see a noticeable speed difference.

I have been amazed how nice speed improments there has been lately. Painting is so much faster.

Unfortunately docked windows still get lost in v.3.5.02 when drag and drop objects.

3.5.02+

Seems to work now, basically. Only the (pen)options window doesn't refresh and keeps empty after drag and drop import.

The options windows refreshes, as soon as you click on a different brush/pen.

I tried again 3.5.01 while deleting the Options.xml file as you proposed, but the file won't load. Anyway how could it be corrupted if it does load well in 3.5 when I roll back to that version. I'd rather think memory management has changed in version 3.5.01 and has not been tested with large files yet.

Back on 3.5.00 again until this gets fixed.

3.5.02 Working fine for me now, I can reload my old file without any problem. Export depth with clamping is working fine too, thanks for this upgrade Andrew.

Franck.

3.5.02+ ogl64 cuda

-Voxel model get "cutout effect" after activating shadows and rotating viewport, it happens in render room too.

-other symmetry related visual artifacts when incremental render is activated

SS-2010-10-11_21.25.26.jpg

If you deactivate shadows and switch to another material it goes back to normal. It also look like it's related to "depth" shaders for the most part.

-Hide but current tool is working very nicely but there's a hiccup: if you have put a hierarchy in voxel layers and hide-but-current a child object, the parent is hidden too resulting in the hiding of the child object.

Result: everything is hidden. :p:

The tool should somehow ignore hierarchy.

Edit -

I thought i had found a bug with the app link but i got it working now so i have edited this post.

It happens only when using depth-shaders. Try another.

It happens only when using depth-shaders. Try another.

Yeah but the depth shaders are much MUCH better for sculpting with precision :/

Yeah but the depth shaders are much MUCH better for sculpting with precision

I use them too, there are full shaders like depth only ons, you may change before rendering.

I'm not sure about precision though, they make things look more detailed than they really are.