3DCoat Forums

Voxel Curve Tool Tutorial on Vimeo

ekunzendorf

Hello All,

I have posted a video tutorial for using the curve tool to carve smooth cuts in voxels. The effect is like using v gouges on wood. As of 4:04 EST, it is converting, so it should be done around 4:40 EST. It is probably something everyone already knows, but I haven't seen this covered anywhere on the web. (And if you have seen it, PLEASE drop me a line and tell me where.) Hope you enjoy it and find it useful.

Excelsior!

Eric Kunzendorf

Jacksonville University

Wow, thank you all SO MUCH for your kind comments!

First, let me apologize for the poor quality of the sound. We have air conditioner issues in our lab. I'll try to fix that in the future.

Phil, your zipper tutorial is great! Certainly deserving of its own thread!

You are right, I used 3.3. I have 3.5, but can't get the icons to display smaller. They seem to be stuck on large. I am using the OS X version of 3D Coat if that helps diagnose the problem.

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Excelsior!

Eric Kunzendorf

Jacksonville University

users.ju.edu/ekunzen

• Advanced Member

Great video Eric. Many thanks for sharing.I often use the snake tool to make carved effects and found your video was very inspiring for the creation of controlled effects.

Is there a curves dedicated thread area on the forum. There should be and this little gem of a video would be a must include.