3DCoat Forums

Blender Applink

haikalle

• Applink Developer

Sorry for late reply... This is interesting issue. In your first image I can see that blender was loaded in D: drive. Was this the case?

And where is your windows documents folder placed? I quess it's not this one c:\Users\Nell\Documents\

also where is your 3d-coat exchange folder located?

Many questions but I hope we can find a fix... I'm not so often online in this weekend so fixing this bug could take a little bit longer. Sorry about that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

haikalle, with the new vertex paint feature in 3DC, would it be possible to export the vertex color to blender also?

Yeah,

This would be great!

• Applink Developer

Surely that feature is on my ToDo list. I'm very excited about this. But I tend to wait a little bit because It's still first beta. Also needs to change

that applink to use lwo format instead obj (fbx would be other good format option). I do some tests... :)

• Applink Developer

Hi I have been wondering this behaviour for long time. When I import a object into 3d-coat it creates two objects into object list. Why is that? The problem is that

When I export lwo file into blender it creates two object there too. One object with cube and other one is empty. I'm trying to add vertex color into blender applink and I

could do a hack easily to delete the other one. But I hope that we could clean this behaviour away from 3d-coat to easy other appllink develloppers work. If this

the bug, I'm not quite sure. Thanks

post-1165-0-79459400-1326457152_thumb.jp

• Advanced Member

It looks like it happens when you have "Material Groups" selected in the blender OBJ export options.

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but I found an obj file on the internet that sheds some light on how zBrush 3.5 exports vertex color using #MRGB tags.

# The following MRGB block contains ZBrush Vertex Color (Polypaint) and masking output as 4 hexadecimal values per vertex. The vertex color format is MMRRGGBB with up to 64 entries per MRGB line.
#MRGB ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
# End of MRGB block[/CODE]

• Applink Developer

It looks like it happens when you have "Material Groups" selected in the blender OBJ export options.

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but I found an obj file on the internet that sheds some light on how zBrush 3.5 exports vertex color using #MRGB tags.

# The following MRGB block contains ZBrush Vertex Color (Polypaint) and masking output as 4 hexadecimal values per vertex. The vertex color format is MMRRGGBB with up to 64 entries per MRGB line.
#MRGB ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
# End of MRGB block[/CODE]

Thanks a lot!!!!

I turned material groups off and now it works really nicely. Saved my day :) I will take a look the Zbrush Vertex Colors....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Applink Developer

Hi Nightwalker3d and welcome to forum. I was hoping that my last bug fix would had solved all the errors in osx systems too....

Could you tell when the error happens. Does it happen when you click one of the buttons. Also Could you post the full error message for me.

I don't have osx system so fixing this could take some time. but I try my best :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Applink Developer

Hi kirkl!

loses hard edges is known problem. At the moment in blender there is no record if object is smoothed or not. So I had to write the applink code ether to smooth

all objects or unsmooth all objects. And I ended up to use smooth all objects because I would imagine that's more common.

About objects comes bigger. I tested 2.62 applink and it seams to work ok. Are you using displacement maps? Displacement can effect in the way that object becomes bigger.

When you create displacement map in blender, the applink creates new Displace modifier. Try to disable it and see that fixes the problem.

• Carlosan changed the title to Blender 2.83 Applink