3DCoat Forums

Voxel 'Fill'

wailingmonkey

• Advanced Member

I miss this capability, and think it would bring great strength to 3DC in going from hi-res voxel to

lowpoly retopo...specifically in terms of adding accurate 'texture' to the normal maps in a controlled

uniform way.

Zbrush has the 'Surface->Noise' capability, but as far as I know, you can't use your own seamless repeating

image. So, for instance, if I want to put uniform 'rivets' evenly-spaced, and repeating all over the surface

of a specific voxel sub-object (like a wrist guard, or something), this new voxel 'fill' would apply itself

somewhat like the fill tool does currently in the paint room. Ideally (since there's no UV's on the voxel object),

in addition to 'cubemap' filling, there would be some other option that could fill based upon suface normals.

Perhaps also offering options for rotation/scale/translation as well. Another option would be that we 'drag'

out or repeating texture (in scale and direction/rotation) in real-time, instead of having a a preview/fill.

Perhaps being able to 'fill' with actual objects would be an option as well?

Dunno if this has been requested before, but if so, I support it! :D

• 11 months later...