3DCoat Forums

Cross OS license?

TongueDar

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but if I buy a license for OS X, can I then use the same serial # to to install 3D Coat on my PC running XP 64?

I'm ready to buy, but I don't want to purchase a copy for OS X as an example to find out the license doesn't allow me install it under Windows. If that's the case, I'll just buy it for Windows, since I run Bootcamp on my Mac.

I was hoping to install it on my MacBook Pro under OS X for quick tasks -- since I do most of my other production work here, the same portable via Bootcamp which is running Win 7 64-bit( For 64-bit support on the go), and on my i7 PC which where I do all of my heavy 3D work when I'm not out and about.

Thanks for any help!

• Advanced Member

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but if I buy a license for OS X, can I then use the same serial # to to install 3D Coat on my PC running XP 64?

I'm ready to buy, but I don't want to purchase a copy for OS X as an example to find out the license doesn't allow me install it under Windows. If that's the case, I'll just buy it for Windows, since I run Bootcamp on my Mac.

I was hoping to install it on my MacBook Pro under OS X for quick tasks -- since I do most of my other production work here, the same portable via Bootcamp which is running Win 7 64-bit( For 64-bit support on the go), and on my i7 PC which where I do all of my heavy 3D work when I'm not out and about.

Thanks for any help!

Costs a few bucks more to have a second OS install, but not much. Andrew's explanation for this is that he has to justify the cost of hiring a programmer to handle the OSX ports, since he develops on windows. I'm ok with that if it means he gets to focus 100% on developing features instead of OS ports, and it runs great on both platforms for me. I believe it is an extra $40 to get a win+mac license. It's basically 2 separate licenses.

http://www.3d-coat.com/buy-now/?OS=MacOS&code=

Costs a few bucks more to have a second OS install, but not much. Andrew's explanation for this is that he has to justify the cost of hiring a programmer to handle the OSX ports, since he develops on windows. I'm ok with that if it means he gets to focus 100% on developing features instead of OS ports, and it runs great on both platforms for me. I believe it is an extra $40 to get a win+mac license. It's basically 2 separate licenses.

http://www.3d-coat.com/buy-now/?OS=MacOS&code=

Thanks! :) That's what I wanted to know and I have know issues whatsoever paying more for the convenience of using both platforms.

Cool, buying it now!

Hi!

Just checking in, how are you finding 3DC thus far?

Awesome, thanks! It fits nicely into my work flow. I still have much to learn, but the areas I've worked in and explored have been straight forward. :)

As as whole this app does exactly what I needed and it does it so well. Besides having so many useful features, the fact it supports PTEX and my SpaceTraveler were enough to get me to buy.