3DCoat Forums

Underwater 3D Animated Environment

patricia3d

Underwater 3D Animated Environment, Underwater 3D Animation.

Underwater Lights. Semi Transparent Coral Animation. Underwater caustic Light. Underwater Environment is almost ready. Now I will put some Fishes and Other water animals to go ahead with my under development cartoon story. Every thing is created in Blender.

Please watch 23 sec video with this envirionment.

step77ii.jpg

Moved. -Custodian

• Advanced Member

I like it! Three suggestions:

- Add some floating particles/plankton

- Add some pebbles or debris to the floor, right now the edge of the objects to the floor is kind of harsh and very visible

- Add just a hint of overall distortion, using some kind of animated texture (like the caustics one) and distorting the image with it

If you have problems understanding what I mean I can explain more.

Don't forget to add some underwater noises to the final animation, sound is half the experience in video and you should use it.

Cheers!

• Advanced Member
So why is it in the 3D-Coat forum?

I have the same question Phil. 3DC is a friendly to blender app but what these recent posts in this topic mean? SImilar phenomenon in blenderartists forum. Lot of people posted interesting works that have nothing or little to do with blender.

To be familiar and close to an app, doesn't mean that you can post anything you like. Its out of this topic. My workflow for example, includes zbrush, but the 70% of the work is made in 3dc. Its also my way to express the idea that a zbrush like room is what is missing from 3DC.