3DCoat Forums

Switching preferences on a Connexion Space Navigator mouse

themacguy

I've managed to get through the "Lathe Tutorial" for "Space Navigator" joystick users, in one piece---as previously mentioned in the New User forum to work...HOWEVER... ;-)

I have another question.... Is there an "elegant" way of switching from "Lathe Mode" back/forth to "6-axis free" (normal) mode in 3D-Coat?

It's a realy pain-in-the-XXX to have to MANUALLY re-configure the settings every time I want to use "lathe mode" (and then MANUALLY switch all the settings back again, when I'm finished...)

Even better would be some way of pre-programming that toggle-switch from Lathe to Normal ONTO THE MOUSE, using one of the (only two) buttons on the Space Navigator...

There is a "Macro" screen in the "Advanced" part of the 3D-Mouse driver-config. ControlPanel

I'm on Mac OSX 10.6.5---but I have NO idea how to write a macro for this situation...

---and there are NO instructions or hintsl about it on the www.3dconnexion.com website, that I can find...

Any advice would be very helpful! :-)

Here's a tip for any other SpaceNavigator 3d mouse users.... I was getting really frustrated with the "Lathe tutorial" (mentioned earlier in this thread!), because the setting of the "locked down" settings

needed to turn the "y axis spin" into a SOLID, NON-MOVING lathe platform were not working--there was always a bit (or a hell of a Lot, sometimes!) of "wobble".....

I finally traced it down the CAMERA settings on the main menu-bar---you have to be CERTAIN that the camera setting is set to "Rotate around world centre"--then the lathe "turntable" is a solid, reliable platform with no "wobble"

---I had had it (somehow) set to "revolve around last pick-point"---hence the wobbly behaviour!

post-4148-12923911431086_thumb.jpg