3DCoat Forums

3D Coats bug reporting system has opened to the community

Taros

Hello together.

The beta team has opened today 3D Coats bug tracking system to you, the community.

Please post your questions or comments into this thread.

Some more infos about the system and the reasons for using it, you will find in my blog -> http://3dcoat.blogspot.com

Thank you for supporting 3D Coat

Chris

• Applink Developer

I just want to say that mantis is a very good system. I mainly use only that to report bugs. There is couple things that have come to my mind while using it:

1) Right now mantis includes bugs report and also feature requests. I think that it would be better to separate them. I feel that mantis is perfect for bug reporting

but I prefer for feature request somekind of poll list, where everyone could vote if this is the request they want to see in 3d-coat. Right now Andrew can see feature requests

in mantis, but what he dosen't see is how popular that request is. The poll list would fix this problem. Also we can assign features request for Andrew in mantis, but how we can decide

when we can do that? It's not clear to me.

2) Mantis is good place to report new bugs. But it's even better place to review bugs that others has reported. I hope that we can get more feedback in this area.

Let's try to confirm others bug reports. And if there is something odd, let's give feedback. Best bug report is something that has been confirmed 2 or more people.

If there is something odd, it's very likely that it's odd for Andrew too, so it's better to short it out before assign it to him.

3) Mantis is step forward. It helps everyone.

Thank you for the suggestions. I like the idea with feature popularity, but unfortunately there is no plugin for mantis, that allows a vote system for them, to see a popularity amount. The only way is the same, like the one in the forums: To look how many users gave their feedback to a feature and decide then.

• Advanced Member

Your blog is a great idea Taros, for some reason the pages scroll slowly in firefox but this seems to happen with other blogspot blogs also.

I don't know if my ideas and bug reports have ever been read by Andrew or if i should try and re-post them all on mantis now. I often check the List of changes and there is not really much from what i have posted before ever done but there is only one developer from what i know and many other things to do already.

I guess my main questions are if forum content is being added to mantis already and how important are forum posted requests and bugs now that there is mantis?

• Advanced Member

I'm trying to sign up for an account, but for the:

Enter the code as it is shown in the box on the right.:

I just see some text that says visual captcha, which is too long for the entry box.

I'm using Firefox 3.6.13 with Noscript on Win7 64, and have never had an issue with captcha's before when I 'allow' a site within NoScript?

I'm not willing to use IE which is a massive security hole.

Sorry for my late answer, I was ill last week.

At the moment it is possible only to post new issues, when you are logged in "Anonymously".

To do this follow this way:

1. Click "login"

2. Click on the link at the right side to "Login anonymously"

Then you can post issues.

I will talk to the admin to clear the visual capcha problem.

Thank you

Chris

Hello,

I am happy to announce, that our member system in mantis is working now.

You are now able to sign up for a bug reporting team account.

Just click on the link "Signup for a new account" beside the Login link and follow the instructions.

An own account gives you the following advantages:

1. You will be automaticaly notified by email, when a bug is fixed or someone leaves a comment or a question.

2. You can use the optimised filter options, f.e. to filter bug reports which were posted by you only.

I hope a lot of people use the new bug reporting system and help us to optimise 3D Coat in this way.

-> Sign up now or look for posted bugs...

Thank you

Chris