3DCoat Forums

Ring design (jewelry)

Routb3d

• Advanced Member

looks nice. how about some renderings in a metal material.

Tom

Honestly, I have been trying to render in metal with 3dc and not liking the imediate results.. Reflective rendered materials just don't seem to communicate the forms clearly for me.. At least in an imediate way that I'm happy with. Maybe it's that the reflective Materials I know how to use are less forgiving for subtle changes in the surface. Changes that will probably not matter as much when the piece is at scale. Im leaning more and more toward using whatever gives the best sense of form during the modeling phase.

IC

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Here are some shots of the Bracelet that goes along with the ring.. This is the flat layout for One side of the bracelet. This will be wrapped around a 5" radius and printed in wax.. The Bracelet will be bent to the final shape later in the process. There will be a flower revealing a stone in the middle (Like the Ring)..

After some practice, This work was done very quickly with mostly the Snake tool with a custom spline shape set to spike back.. I used the Curve tool to create Voxel guides that influenced the height effect of the snake tool as I stroked each leaf.. Smoothing speed was an important factor. Ill post more as the bracelet develops..

post-1321-0-98755300-1298396039_thumb.jp

post-1321-0-15686700-1298396055_thumb.jp

post-1321-0-30758700-1298396070_thumb.jp