3DCoat Forums

pmG's* Dare To Share � * $10 *Challenge

GFX-1

• Advanced Member

I couldn't resist this either.

I've just paid for the pro version.

Brilliant marketing by pmg.

Fingers crossed they reach their goal.

I think it is a special price incentive, they reserve the right to raise the price at any time kinda thing. I think at this point it is obvious that the software moves copies better at the lower price than the full list price. They also have added incentive for Modo, and AD software users, normally this would have been another 100 dollars off the reduced price for each.

HTH

Rich

And for those that aren't aware... here's a link showing off the free 3DC appLink plugin for messiah.

3DC/messiah appLink

and yes... the plugin is free.

Absolutely awesome how you got 3DC and Messiah to work on the level you did, really. It's quite nice using the plugin. :)

Thank you sir for your hard work!!

So out of curiosity, how many licenses have folks picked up? I've been using it for almost a year now and love it to death. I just picked up two more licenses with this deal (if it reaches the goal!), and am pondering two more licenses to cap out the 4 total you can get. I'm thinking ahead here for future dev studio use of course. ;)

I just jumped on this offer as well. Still not sure i will actually use it instead of Carrara that i consider a good all around application but for that price i couldn't resist :pardon:

Not sure however how they hanlde orders. I didn't get to enter any personal data. I just clicked buy, was sent to a pay-pal link, than back to a page that told me to tell others of the offer and that's it. Payment was sent, i got the confirmation from pay-pal, but nothing from pgm to tell me they even registered my e-mail (they never asked for it in the first place :nea: )

PMG have, for a long time had an offer on. Always, get it for X amount cheaper. But, this is the best ever.. I first got it when it was just an animation package. And updated as I went. Thankfully, version 5 co-insided with a move to a mac, and I didn't upgrade, due to change over process from PC to mac.. So this is a blessing.. The renderer is excellent, although the node system can take some getting used to. If you have any trouble, check out setuptab.com. Only question is, do I get a second license for my laptop...........

Rich

• Advanced Member

I just jumped on this offer as well. Still not sure i will actually use it instead of Carrara that i consider a good all around application but for that price i couldn't resist :pardon:

Not sure however how they hanlde orders. I didn't get to enter any personal data. I just clicked buy, was sent to a pay-pal link, than back to a page that told me to tell others of the offer and that's it. Payment was sent, i got the confirmation from pay-pal, but nothing from pgm to tell me they even registered my e-mail (they never asked for it in the first place :nea: )

I was surprised of that too.

Just a note after paying that you don't get the license if the goal is not reached.

They will have a huge backlog of users to fill up their info after this. Lol!

:clapping:

The GOAL BAR just passed the halfway mark!!!

...in a couple days!!! :yahoo:

I too took advantage of the $40 Pro sale. I think it will work nicely with 3DCoat.

This is a very quick way to build up a user base. They may make up their loss when people

upgrade later or by users posting their stuff around the web.

The bar is moving up quickly now.

• Advanced Member

So out of curiosity, how many licenses have folks picked up? I've been using it for almost a year now and love it to death. I just picked up two more licenses with this deal (if it reaches the goal!), and am pondering two more licenses to cap out the 4 total you can get. I'm thinking ahead here for future dev studio use of course. ;)

I just picked up a single pro license for personal work. I was amazed the 1st time I saw Timur (Taron) Baysal's Changeling animation and blown away at his use of displacement maps bound to bones to simulate tendons under the skin etc. As far as I'm aware you cannot do this in any other app. Can't wait (hope) until the target is met :)

Might pick up a couple more licenses if it's still open come payday. Could everyone stop telling people about this offer please :p

I just picked up a single pro license for personal work. I was amazed the 1st time I saw Timur (Taron) Baysal's Changeling animation and blown away at his use of displacement maps bound to bones to simulate tendons under the skin etc. As far as I'm aware you cannot do this in any other app. Can't wait (hope) until the target is met :)

Might pick up a couple more licenses if it's still open come payday. Could everyone stop telling people about this offer please :p

Hey man. :) Taron's neckling is really inspiring. I've been digging into it for a while now and reverse engineering it. You can get the scene from here if you're interested!

http://setuptab.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=29

• Advanced Member

Hey man. :) Taron's neckling is really inspiring. I've been digging into it for a while now and reverse engineering it. You can get the scene from here if you're interested!

http://setuptab.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=29

Oh man thanks so much for the link.. Can't wait to have a tinker. As far as I remember he did the tendon in the neck using a displacement map bound to a bone. Is that right? it was something like 2004 when I 1st saw it so could be wrong. I think there was a discussion on a forum about how he did it and people saying it'd be easy to do in Maya but as it turned out Messiah was the only program that can attach displacement images to bones in that way... and still is. And it's still a convincing way to have something sliding under the surface of the skin.

Hey NP! It's such a great scene to muck with.

Yeah he used meta effectors (weights) drive by bones to move the meta effectors, which in turn blends between different displacement maps. Very cool set up, too. When you start the scene it looks a little complicated, but after peeking at it for a bit and dissecting what he has set up... It's not so difficult looking.

Just got round to getting a second Pro licence for my laptop... Don't know if it'll get used, but you can bet, if I haven't got it I'll be in a position where I want it.... Messiah is one of those 'secrets'.. Thanks to setuptab, everyone can now understand it...

Rich

I'm tempted to buy an extra license for a friend who is waiting for his paycheck to participate in the sale (yes, times are THAT bad). I'm sure he would do the same for me.

If you can, do... I'm sure he'll be more than happy...

Rich

• Advanced Member

I figure I will probably pay the $20 for access to the videos on Setup Tab.

well worth it...over 1 Gig of explanatory videos 'free' once you've become a member. Plus you'll

also get deep discounts on the additional videos in the intermediate and advanced areas.

I've started my collection today, hoping to have the goal reached by this evening and my license(s)

in my hot little hands...but it appears that it may go on over the weekend.

I have a feeling that 'Wegg' will be a very happy guy once this promo is complete. ;)

(his previous 2 years work on videos and the SetupTab itself will now start to see more massive buy-in)

all-good! I like to see and be a contributor to the *little guys* company successes---as long as the

tools they produce help me get my work done better/faster! :D

ahhh...symbiosis :rofl:

I figure I will probably pay the $20 for access to the videos on Setup Tab.

As wailingmonkey said, it's well worth it. Save a good chunk of change over time with the tutorials, most are free with the membership.

So the USD$20 is highly recommended then? I'll probably dig into it later today then.

41 videos are in the Beginner section that you have access to as a member, discounts on the intermediate and advanced videos. You also get access to the members only section, there are a few additional perks there also.

HTH

Rich