3DCoat Forums

SpaceNavigator support on Linux (libspnav implemented)

apeoncomputer

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I second that!

I have Spacenavigator quite some time, but I had use it only on my Windows laptop so far. Now I installed it to my Linux workstation and used Open Source driver (those linked above) from Ubuntu repository. The official one from 3DConnexion I've found, as many others, pretty useless by the way. :mad:

But now it works in Blender and still not in 3DC. Does anyone got it work under Ubuntu, please?

• 7 months later...

I really hope that this is addressed at some point. I can do almost all of my work on linux now, with the exception of 3d coat. So now I am booting in to windows just for sculpting. Not that I have any other options on linux for scultping anyway ( except a little in blender ), but I figured the Linux version would have basic feature parity.

Wow... I feel stupid.

I turns out my 3D mouse works just fine under linux. I had always assumed that I should be using the open source driver ( spacenavd ). I had never even tried ( or really even known about ) the official linux driver until last night. I figured out how to start it and it worked! so excited! :) All my art work can now be done in linux without feeling the nagging sensation that I could be working more comfortably in windows.