3DCoat Forums

Is there any application that delivers video tutorials in a floating window while 3d Coat is running?

Cloner

Hi,

I don't remember but I think there was an application that showed reference images while working in 3d coat.

Did that also show videos?

The 3d coat reference image tool is good enough for referring images.

I would like not to switch between windows but have a small floating window showing video tutorials while I continue to work.

Is it there? I would be grateful to be informed.

I have a 23'' monitor screen, but I just open 3DCoat, then open a webpage, go to Youtube, grab a tut n then downsize the internet window to the size of the video screen..fits in my 3DCoat viewport just right (see attatchment)

Nifty idea.

I tried it, it works, though a tad bit messy.

I think I'll create a special application for this problem if it helps out people.

• Advanced Member

You need ref images side by side with 3dcoat when sculpting.

1. you may need a second monitor (a cheap one)

2. you may prefer to use the laptop side by side with the desktop comp. More expensive solution, this is what I mostly do.

3. a printer maybe?

4. drop the ref picture as background in 3dcoat. Not so useful though. But I also tried this.

5. A huge screen, separated windows. A second cheap monitor is a better solution.

6. Use the color picker of 3dcoat to import a ref image there.

thats all.

BTW the best picture viewer for winOS? Irfan-view! , picasa, for OSX?, iviewMediaPro(discontinued) picasa, finder preview (avoid preview.app, you may experience memory leaks sometimes)