3DCoat Forums

3DCoat for iPad?

As much as I like the idea.

The Ipad is not fast nor does it have enough juice to pull that off.

A scaled down version would work but it would leave out a lot of things we all like.

A more useful idea would be a wacom tablet pad that is like a nice dual core cpu with just enough in it to be usable for 3D-Coat. :D

• Advanced Member

Seems like a good idea to me. I think if you can get the programming and UI stripped down to work on the Ipad2 it would help the main program. It would be ahead of the curve- where applications are headed.

And i know that the majority here are very comfy on PCs and Macs- as am I. But I think if you can get it to work on Ipad you would open up the user base a lot. That and if you can get a UI that works with a tablet, it would force the program designers to be super thoughtful- in the end better for the user. Awaiting the storm of disagreement ;)

• Advanced Member

The iPad is too under powered to be usefull and its input system is too coarse to allow good control.

the iPad is a nice device but its far too limited to allow it to be a highend graphics platform.

Seems like a good idea to me. I think if you can get the programming and UI stripped down to work on the Ipad2 it would help the main program. It would be ahead of the curve- where applications are headed.

And i know that the majority here are very comfy on PCs and Macs- as am I. But I think if you can get it to work on Ipad you would open up the user base a lot. That and if you can get a UI that works with a tablet, it would force the program designers to be super thoughtful- in the end better for the user. Awaiting the storm of disagreement ;)

The IPad 2 does not have what it takes to run a 3d application as 3d-coat.

It does not have the memory needed for a lot of the operations most people use.

A device can be made small enough to run 3d-coat but would also have to have a little more weight as the cpu will take on a lot of wattage to run.

A laptop is the only thing that currently has enough in it to run the application.

I do not think that stripping the program just so it can run on a Apple device like the IPad will even work for most of us who like voxel sculpting and many of the tools in the app.