3DCoat Forums

How to update retopo/paint room if voxel object has been changed ?

Taurus

• Advanced Member

I created voxel object and made autoretopo for polypoint etc ... then i modified the voxel object but when i want to make autoretopo again it still show me old voxel object when drawing guides for retopo and in the retopo/paint room.Any way to clear rooms or refresh them so they will know its new voxel object ?

• Reputable Contributor

I created voxel object and made autoretopo for polypoint etc ... then i modified the voxel object but when i want to make autoretopo again it still show me old voxel object when drawing guides for retopo and in the retopo/paint room.Any way to clear rooms or refresh them so they will know its new voxel object ?

I am not clear what you're asking, but you can nuke the old retopo strokes (it's actually handy that they remain in place, so you can retry multiple times to get the result you want) completely by hitting the CLEAR button. If that's too much, you can just rework part of it by clicking on strokes individually and deleting them....create some new ones and proceed with the retopo/autopo....you can even hit ENTER with those strokes and it will create a poly mesh from those strokes (as long as you have intersecting lines) instead of having Autpo do its thing.

As for the paint room, go to the Windows menu and select Subobjects....then delete whatever objects you want to remove, from the objects panel that pops up. If you want to start over again with a new mesh in the Retopo room, just delete the layer that was created.