Denis S

ZBrush R6 AppLink -32 bit version-

95 posts in this topic

I tried to install this AppLink but I don't see any evidence of it in either zb or 3DC. I pointed it at the zb install folder and hit install, then restarted both apps. It seems pretty straight forward.

I tried to install this AppLink but I don't see any evidence of it in either zb or 3DC. I pointed it at the zb install folder and hit install, then restarted both apps. It seems pretty straight forward.

That happened to me as well, since i have several different versions of zbrush i just extracted to C:\zapplink\ and copied the files to zbrushXX\ZStartup\ZPlugs and it worked like a charm

I see the problem. The installer put a new folder structer inside the zb fiolder so I have

C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R2\ZBrush 4.0\ZStartup\ZPlugs

See there's an extra folder in there called "zbrush 4.0". The correct location is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R2\ZStartup\ZPlugs

1 person likes this

To the Applink-Developer,

could you maybe have a look at this Clip here?

It shows the inofficial Zbrush Link to Blender. One can see that this Plugin can harvest Polygroup-Information as well as Masking Information from Zbrush

so that they appear and can get modified/get set back with Blender.

Could you please look into hooking this up too? I believe Masking alone could be tremendously helpful for anybody who has both programs and still misses

proper Ambient Occlusion in 3DC. Then one could send a model over, quickly do the required Masking-Operations and hop back to 3DC for further editing.

I see the problem. The installer put a new folder structer inside the zb fiolder so I have

C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R2\ZBrush 4.0\ZStartup\ZPlugs

See there's an extra folder in there called "zbrush 4.0". The correct location is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R2\ZStartup\ZPlugs

Fixing this Path problem would be helpful too.

Well, it's nice to get my model into 3Dcoat quickly but I'll be taking the traditional route for getting the painted image back into Zbrush, It doesn't work (I get an error) and I wouldn't want to sculpt in 3DC anyway if I'm sculpting in Zbrush so bringing the model back into ZB is kinda useless in my case. Should be an option to just send back the image like I was sending the image into photoshop.

Also, when I send my poly paint into 3DC it comes in upside down.

3dcot supports vertex painting now. I wonder if it can communicate with zbrush somehow.

For instance, I can export zbrush vertex painting in blender/cycles via ZB 3d print exporter plugin as VRML.

Just wondering. Anyway, not much interest on this.

Hi,

last week I downloaded the ZBrush/3DCoat applink (August 2012).

After installing yesterday I could bring an object from ZBrush to 3DCoat, but not back to ZBrush again.

I changed the install folder that the applink still uses, and pointed to the right path (more like installing into a new folder outside of the ZBrush path, and then copy&paste to the right place, would be nice to finallyget this fixed).

Inside ZBrush I get every message and menu that should be there.

Inside 3DCoat I can work without any limitations.

When I try to go back to ZBrush (taking the object with me) --- nothing useful happens.

If I ALT/TAB back into ZBrush, there still sits the object in all its (unaltered) glory.

So - what I miss (besides the initial function of applink) is a remark for what version of ZBrush the actual version of applink really is.

Something like "... works only for ZBrush version XYZ" would be more then welcome.

The state of applink for ZBrush 4R4 is, sorry to say, absolutely useless.

I don't know if the applink developement is more of a volounteer business, but it really would be nice if somebody could either do some work on it - or simply call it done.

Thanx for reading ...

Hi, I'm wondering if there is a fix for the Zbrush Applink. The installer is broken, but that's easily enough to work around moving the files into the correct location. When editing the model in zbrush, it correctly sends the model into 3dcoat for painting, and sends it back once. It seems that the texture information is not being saved/transferred on the second pass. Was also getting an error, but realized it was because the default file format 3dcoat was trying to pass back to zbrush was not compatible.

I'm sure this is normal, but I often can't go back via the applink from ZB to 3D Coat, I believe due to the increased poly count. Can the applink be adjusted such that it goes to the lowest "acceptable" subdivision level or decimation, such that it will always open up in 3D Coat?

Mine works from ZB to 3DC, as long as the poly counts are reasonable. That said, it won't load 3DC automatically. I have to open 3DC and then it sends the model over. Using 3DC version 3.7.18F and ZB 4R4

Hi,

I've just installed the Zbrush Applink to Zbrush 4R5 but once I fire up Zbrush the linker to 3d coat is not to be found. Not in Preferences nor in ZPlugins.

post-3590-0-24845100-1357765260_thumb.jp

Well that path looks off anyway...perhaps just take off that last directory in the path.

Well that path looks off anyway...perhaps just take off that last directory in the path.

That worked alvodr. Thanks

Has there been an update for the latest version of Zbrush which is 4R5? I still can't get my retopo mesh back from 3d coat. I can send my model to be painted in 3d coat and get the paint information back but in terms of getting back my retopoed mesh, I can't at the moment. Am I doing something wrong? I read through the posts in this thread to try and solve the problem with meshes not coming back from 3d coat but nothing seems to help at all. Any idea why 3d coat won't send my mesh back to Zbrush? Maybe the files are put in the wrong place?

Not sure. All you have to do though is manually export to OBJ and then reimport manually in ZBrush. Apply your textures, etc. That should be it. Let me know if this isn't working for you.

Not sure. All you have to do though is manually export to OBJ and then reimport manually in ZBrush. Apply your textures, etc. That should be it. Let me know if this isn't working for you.

I was hoping my retopoed mesh would be exported back to Zbrush from 3d coat like a Goz like functionality where it automatically updates the base mesh topology after doing some retopology in 3d coat. It saves me the time to actually go into the file menu, export the retopoed mesh, and give it a filename which at times can be a bit cumbersome without having to stop and create a file. Applying the textures I had no problems with so that is not an issue for me. You can drop the reference mesh and your retopo mesh in 3d coat then why not have an option or functionality to send the retopoed mesh back to Zbrush?

Just tried this and it doesn't work :(

It says "Error: DLL::ExchBegin() failed!" after I tell it to export from ZBrush to 3DC for per-pixel painting.

Anything I can do about this? I'm using the latest versions of both ZBrush and 3DCoat.

Not good. Uv model seems to be broken after importing onto zbrush. Texture is there but uv not. I guess this plugin is no longer developed...

Hi Folks

Has anyone tested this in ZB 4.6 ?

Thanks

Jake