Denis S

ZBrush R6 AppLink -32 bit version-

99 posts in this topic

This need to be fix and let the users know in the download link, I was fighting with zbrush to make the applink work without any luck , I also did not notice this post have 3 more pages of conversation... so I was so lost.

By the way, I'm using 4r6 and still have no luck installing it even changing the path to the zplug of 4r6 and downloading the version 5 of the applink.

I thought I'd give the plugin a try since I have ZB4R6, After you unzip (do not  install) copy the the two files to

your ZBrush 4R6 /Startup/Plugs  folder and run ZB, the plugin should now show in "ZPlugin" 3DCoat.

I have not yet tried all the functions but I was able to "Drop" in a ZB model to 3DCoat.

On reflection It will be easier to let the plugin install to "ZBrush 4.0" then copy the files as above.

I unzipped then extracted the two files from the exe using 7-Zip.

Edited by JimB

Here are the 2 existing ZBrush applink files zipped up in the correct folder hierarchy for Zbrush 4R6. Choose extract files and work your way to your Zbrush install, Use Extract and Replace. For example mine is: C/ProgramFiles/Pixologic/       ...and then just unzip.

ZBrush 4R6 ZAppLink.zip

Edited by DarkEdge
1 person likes this

DarkEdge, thanks for this, now I can bring my zbrush models to 3dcoat, but still, I can't bring them back to zbrush... any solutions to this?

I can send from ZB 4r6 to 3DC 4. Getting anything back into ZB is problematic though... normals/visible faces get inverted and it's not smart enough to automatically choose compatible image formats for textures or get them get them back into ZB properly. Ideally the applinks would automatically filter out incompatible options when sending assets back to "original application" even if that means having the user selecting what application before sending it back. I've had limited success getting models back in, but I've yet to successfully send results from using PTex back to ZB which would be very nice to be able to do since ZB is yet to adopt PTex. These apps would be very complimentary if they communicated easily. As is have to export and flip some things around to get something back into ZB. 

Then again I am not an expert and maybe I am missing a setting.  If someone else has things working it would be awesome to get a point in the right direction.

Edited by The.Great.ESCape

Hello!

Zbrush 4r7 is avaible in x64 version. Current version of coat_zbrush_applink.dll is compiled for x32 bits.
Can someone who created this library compile it for x64 architecture ?

Thanks

1 person likes this

This Applink doesn't work any more.

For Zbrush R7 64 it needs to be remade to support the 64bit version and also the 32 bit version needs a revision,

so that it installs in the appropriate folder.

OMG.  this is awesome.  I just found this Applink looking over this other website called Vectorized Nature.  THANKS! 

At me 3D-Coat Applink install into the wrong folder!

In my "Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\" folder was create a new folder "ZBrush 4" into this was "Zstartup" and "Zplugs".

Into this folder was the plugin.

After change folder Applink Zbrush 4R7 running :-)

But only in 32 Bit :-(

At the Update Zbrush 4R7 there is a 64 Bit Version!

Is there a chance to get a 64Bit Plugin?

The Plugin is shown in ZBrush.

But I get a Error after i choose what i want to do with the model.

rkPSHAb.jpg

2 people like this

Yea, I'm the same... I use only the 64 bit version of ZBrush.  This app link needs an update to include a 64 bit. 

2 people like this

+1 64bit 3DCoat / ZBrush4R7 Applink

How about an OSX version... Dont care if its 32 bit or 64 bit. Just one that works. :)

Edited by Mykyl

Hello everyone!

Is there any news?

I have the same problem - I can take my model from Zbrush to 3dcoat but it doesn't come back after editing.

When this  app link sends a model to 3d-coat, it creates a file 3dcoat_link_log in Pixologoc/Zbrush4R7. And the file contains the following:

zbctReset(0)
   PATH_EXCH: C:\Users\Ksu\Documents\3D-CoatV3\Exchange\
   PATH_ZB: C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZExportImport\
STATUS = CLEAR
zbctExchBegin([vox])
   Checking zbursh obj: C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZExportImport\3dcoatmesh0.obj ...    Ok.
   created C:\Users\Ksu\Documents\3D-CoatV3\Exchange\import.txt...
STATUS = WAITING_COAT
DLL_PROCESS_DETACH 
DLL_PROCESS_DETACH 
DLL_PROCESS_DETACH
DLL_PROCESS_DETACH

And I suppose that the problem lies in this file, precisely in this WAITING_COAT status. Has anyone any ideas how to fix it?

It's almost guaranteed to be a pathing issue of some sort (3D-Coat is trying to send the file to the wrong place).

If someone can get the original author or Andrew (assuming he has the source) to release the source code, then I'm sure someone can fix it. But atm, without the source, the only way to do anything about it is to write a new applink from scratch.

Edited by PolyHertz
1 person likes this

bump - any update on a 4r7 64 bit version?  This would be extremely useful!

1 person likes this

I'm using ZBrush 4R8 P1 64-bit

Has any progress been made in updating the AppLink Plugin to 3D-Coat?

I've experimented with installing in a variety of folders in the "Program Files" and "Program Files x86" folders. But it very much seems like a pathing issue with the internal scripts.

When attempting to run the plugin from within ZBrush I'm presented with the following error in the attached screengrab.

Screenshot - 03_08_2017 , 16_32_51.png

2 people like this

Would pay for a gumroad that had this up to date...

2 people like this

13 hours ago, b33nine said:

Would pay for a gumroad that had this up to date...

Please send Andrew an e-mail requesting this. He may be having trouble getting the person who made the applink, to follow up. A reminder e-mail, may get him to try again or find someone else to step up.

1 person likes this