3DCoat Forums

Wacom tablet

tarpon429

Go to solution Solved by pavig,

I have an intous 4 tablet. does anyone know how to program the pen to act like a RMB mouse. I would like to use the pen like a mouse to adjust the brush size/intensity on the fly. I do have my express keys programed for alt,command,ctrl, and shift. Since I am new to 3d coat any other tablet set ups that would be helpful in the program would be appreicated.

Thank you

Richard

• Solution

The Intuos 4 probably came with a rocker button.

I have mine set with the top of it as right-mouse click, and the side closer to the nib as middle click. Under pen options I'm using click-and-tap method rather than hover-click, as it is more precise not having to fiddle with pen buttons while finessing the pen. Most people map them the other way, but I find the top rocker easier to find reliably with my fingers, and use rightmouse a lot more than middle mouse. I don't mind fishing for the other button to zoom and scroll.

For keys (i am right handed so it may be more convenient to reverse)

Left Side: ctrl, cmd, shift, opt/alt, pan/scroll

Right Side: Display toggle, tab, escape, delete, undo

With these I can do most things without taking my hand off the tablet, and having the modifiers on the left, and action keys on the right, lets me double hand to do things like alt-tab etc.

Using this setup I can do 90% of my work without having to hit the keyboard for modifier keys or common commands, and the pen can duplicate most of the functions I would hit the mouse for.

Oh, touch strips - I have them set up for scroll and zoom. They work with modifiers too.

I may tweak this setup specifically for 3dc a bit, but it's generally good. Refinements I've been thinking of are, putting in a radial menu for the popups I use most often; eg. e-menu, color picker, brush picker, ref images panel, etc. Hope this helps.

The Intuos 4 probably came with a rocker button.

I have mine set with the top of it as right-mouse click, and the side closer to the nib as middle click. Under pen options I'm using click-and-tap method rather than hover-click, as it is more precise not having to fiddle with pen buttons while finessing the pen. Most people map them the other way, but I find the top rocker easier to find reliably with my fingers, and use rightmouse a lot more than middle mouse. I don't mind fishing for the other button to zoom and scroll.

For keys (i am right handed so it may be more convenient to reverse)

Left Side: ctrl, cmd, shift, opt/alt, pan/scroll

Right Side: Display toggle, tab, escape, delete, undo

With these I can do most things without taking my hand off the tablet, and having the modifiers on the left, and action keys on the right, lets me double hand to do things like alt-tab etc.

Using this setup I can do 90% of my work without having to hit the keyboard for modifier keys or common commands, and the pen can duplicate most of the functions I would hit the mouse for.

Oh, touch strips - I have them set up for scroll and zoom. They work with modifiers too.

I may tweak this setup specifically for 3dc a bit, but it's generally good. Refinements I've been thinking of are, putting in a radial menu for the popups I use most often; eg. e-menu, color picker, brush picker, ref images panel, etc. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help. Everything works now. richard

• 4 years later...

Hi guys,

just received my Wacom intuos pro tablet,

i've got the basics figured out, but i did not find how to activate the zoom option with the multi touch

i mean i think i should be able to zoom and rotate my part by touching my tablet with 2 fingers, but it does not work,

when i slide my 2 fingers up and down, i see the Radius number change in the top ribbon menu. WHen i spread them apart, nothing happens, normal ?

I'm on a Mac and my tablet preference are set to use the Zoom with this gesture...

• 5 years later...
On 3/29/2011 at 4:09 AM, Psmith said:

In the stylu

On 3/29/2011 at 6:26 AM, pavig said:

The Intuos 4 probably came wmouse a lot more than middle mouse. I don't mind fishing for the other button to zoom and scroll.

Sorry - i don't know english enough to read and understand what solution is but:

I looked through the text and found nothing

How can i reassign wacom intuos samll stylus keys to keyboard keys like alt and ctrl to pan and sake view???

Thanks

Edited by ArtTemplar1966

On 10/29/2015 at 8:23 PM, gbball said:

Hey,

I'm not sure if it will help, but make sure you have your navigation settings as follows in 3D Coat.  You can find the settings in the Camera dropdown.  Camera-->Customize Navigation  Then make sure you have one setting that is RMB + LMB is set to Move in Screen Space.

post-3280-0-92806200-1446160880_thumb.jp

post-3280-0-30280000-1446160882_thumb.jp

1 hour ago, Carlosan said:

Thank you but i already saw this settings and forum thread

yes ,  i attended Camera-->Customize Navigation  and there was not any possibility to get result - this customization is useless!!!!!!!! :((((((

Yes, - i saw  RMB + LMB but i need combination alt+stylus movement that is comfortable and obviously necessary for 3d-coat

Edited by ArtTemplar1966