3DCoat Forums

Farsthary update channel

I hope we can test the new functions soon.

About QuadPaint: As long as we can not alter the border lines in a "regular" way this function is just experimental.

I suggest bezier splines with control points to use for QuadPaint. In your version I call them "physically based splines". There is nearly no control over them. But we mantioned this already in history. I just wanted to remind to not to forget the spline usability.

Thank you for the great work
Chris

• 1 month later...

QuadPaint control keys

safdgg

This is the current main hot keys and actions to control the strokes of QuadPaint, and by changing the boundary you can control the inner quadrangulation.

Right click a vertex allows to smooth and move the stroke.

Hovering a vertex and pressing DEL , remove the vertices.

Double Click a vertex, will pin it so you basically created a new edge freely to move.

Double Click a segment, between 2 vertices will insert a new point, provided that the radius is smaller than the segment, otherwise will capture the closest vertex an pin it.

Ctrl + Click a vertex will split the stroke into 2 strokes.

Pressing +(plus) over a stroke will increase vertices count by 2. (some manual smoothing will be required to make vertices more even, will improve soon)

Pressing – (minus) will decrease by 2

Overlapping 2 vertices will merge them on mouse release.

Overlapping segments will be intersected on mouse up.

The numerical hint tells the number of vertices between 2 pinned points (inclusive), updated at mouse up.

Moving a vertices very far, after release will insert new divisions, moving them too close will merge them to maintain an average distance.

Sometimes the preview snap to surface incorrectly, but the final result will be much better because more smoothing and post process is used at execution time.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, ajz3d said:

Any update on the progress?

No. Afraid not. Raul is no longer working for Pilgway. I couldn't get the tools to work well enough to try and demonstrate, so they are pretty much undone/half-done beta tools. Maybe Andrew will be able to fix/refine them, at some point.

• Carlosan unpinned this topic
  • 2 years later...
  • Advanced Member
On 9/6/2012 at 9:06 PM, polyxo said:

Just look at how universally Zbrush has hooked that tool up. Its implementation of masking and of hiding is a dream, really.

3DCoat instead has many "locked into tool" or differing from workspace to workspace-implementations of the comparable functions.

Sorry if I bring up this old topic.
I wanted to ask if this feature is planned in the near future in 3DCoat. This key combination for hiding/masking (I believe only has Zbrush) ctrl / shift / alt + mouse or pen ... is extremely comfortable and fluid in modeling once learned, is useful for quickly creating shapes to extrude and could also be useful in vox-hide combination. Please do not underestimate this simple key combination... it is not about copying Zbrush, but about taking the shortest and smartest way to make an operation convenient and quick for the modeler. Thank you.

Edited by rubeos