3DCoat Forums

Zbrush + 3D coat problem

psicozer

First of all let me introduce as a new member of the community and congrats for the amazing community that you have!

In the project that im working on im having a little problem with retopology so i write here hoping that someone can help me to sort things out.

I started moddeling a basic gun in Zbrush wich in this high-poly mesh:

post-6397-0-85051800-1302627068_thumb.jp

Next, i proceed to retopologizate it in 3D-Coat ( i love zbrush but come on, i dont have a whole week to retopo a single mesh D:), and imported the result to zbrush ( in 3d coat: retopo-> export> obj,) The result:

post-6397-0-87306700-1302627127_thumb.jp

And now my problem: the next thing that i do is follow the steps of this tutorial:http://www.zbrushcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=56611

and the result is this :

(To match the high poly ver with the low one i use Deformation-> unify on the High poly)

post-6397-0-80801900-1302627186_thumb.jp

i tried using projection with no luck :S (maybe cuz im a newbie who dont have idea how the projection values work )

Result with projection:

post-6397-0-00846000-1302627152_thumb.jp

Helllp :( if someone knows a way to solve this it would help me a lot D: (i wanted to use the advantages of both programs: 3dcoat awesome retopo tools and zbrush sculpting to improve my workflow) or at least a diferent workflow wich let me use the sinergy of both programs

PS1: I have been using zbrush only to a basic level but i want to master it ( im studing computer science right now but want to do a specialization in graphic desing)

PS2: Still learning english sorry for mistakes :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Append the high poly mesh as subtool to the low poly one - then subdivide the lower poly retopo mesh to the same/similar poly count > ProjectAll (zbrush4)

Minor errors in the transfers can be corrected using ZProject brush as inthis tutorial. which also discusses the ProjectAll one subdivision level at a time method.

Also found this:Using Project All causes artifacts

Some projection-normalization code is only activated when PA Blur value is a factor of 8. This will change in the next ZBrush update but for now, simply set the PA Blur to a factor of 8 (i.e. 8,16,24,32,40....80,88,96 ) in order to get proper projection.