3DCoat Forums

DIY Cintiq (using 3DC)

I just got this:

http://www.amazon.com/Yiynova-Tablet-MSP19-19inch-1440x900/dp/B004CUT6NG

It works well. The only thing I don't like is that the surface is reflective (glass), and the MMB can't be mapped to the pen buttons (Edit: it can but it is called "scroll" instead of MMB). It has 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity, but it doesn't have buttons on it like the cintiq. The latest drivers are on their website.

Oh and it isn't an ips so the angle does make it darker/brighter, and the surface is a little bit above the actual screen so the pen does not touch the exact spot that you draw on (since it's slightly above the surface). Both of these things are minor to me but figured I'd mention them.

As far as the pen goes, I actually like it better since it has a bit of weight to it and feels solid. The buttons are more responsive feeling as well. The tip of the pen is plastic (replaceable), but doesn't come with the variety of tips that the wacom has. The tip itself presses against the surface and feels more responsive (with the wacom tip there was a slight amount of give before the tip pressed into the pen, but this pen's tip is taut and springy which helps me to gauge the pressure I'm applying better). The pen takes a AAA battery (which is where it gets its weight), but I believe the battery lasts a very long time.