3DCoat Forums

New 3D-Coat Video Training - Voxel Sculpting|Running Shoe

I'm very happy to announce my newest 3D-Coat training video, Voxel Sculpting|Running Shoe! This video is a culmination of months worth of research and exploring (in close communication with the design team at a large shoe design/manufacturing firm) if 3D-Coat can be used in a more design and rapid prototyping environment. Safe to say, I think it is well suited for such a thing. Andrew Shpagin, the developer of 3D-Coat, has added some new functionality to 3D-Coat based on some of my research into this area, which I discuss and demonstrate in this video.

Vox-RunningShoe-Promo01-sml.jpg

This video series will take you from start to finish in the process of sculpting a shoe with 3D-Coat's various tools and techniques, including voxels, surface mode and even some "kitbashing" with shoe nurnies/greebles. We'll detail an outsole, create shocks, sculpt the body/casing of the shoe, sculpt seams, eyelets (for shoe laces) shoe tongue, and more. We'll use a number of established creation methods in 3D-Coat, as well as a few new ones.

You can read a little more about the video series at the following URL:

Hi Jarvis,

This video looks great, Well done!!

Looking forward to getting this & hopefully I can use that same basic info for my jewellery designing.

regards Colin

• Advanced Member

Nice javis!! I actually did a shoe design a couple of years ago in Lightwave but 3DC would have been great to use for it..

I'm very happy to announce my newest 3D-Coat training video, Voxel Sculpting|Running Shoe! This video is a culmination of months worth of research and exploring (in close communication with the design team at a large shoe design/manufacturing firm) if 3D-Coat can be used in a more design and rapid prototyping environment. Safe to say, I think it is well suited for such a thing. Andrew Shpagin, the developer of 3D-Coat, has added some new functionality to 3D-Coat based on some of my research into this area, which I discuss and demonstrate in this video.

Vox-RunningShoe-Promo01-sml.jpg

This video series will take you from start to finish in the process of sculpting a shoe with 3D-Coat's various tools and techniques, including voxels, surface mode and even some "kitbashing" with shoe nurnies/greebles. We'll detail an outsole, create shocks, sculpt the body/casing of the shoe, sculpt seams, eyelets (for shoe laces) shoe tongue, and more. We'll use a number of established creation methods in 3D-Coat, as well as a few new ones.

You can read a little more about the video series at the following URL:

Hi Jarvis,

This video looks great, Well done!!

Looking forward to getting this & hopefully I can use that same basic info for my jewellery designing.

regards Colin

Hi Colin. :)

Yeah you could definitely use some of the basic info for jewellery design. :) I think a few other things too, cars even with a little more work.

Nice javis!! I actually did a shoe design a couple of years ago in Lightwave but 3DC would have been great to use for it..

Hey Scott!

Thanks man for the kind words. :)

Yeah I hear you. Modeling shoes can be pretty fun, but having 3DC for some of the more complicated tasks really makes it a lot easier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi! Thanks for your interest. :)

Here is a list of the most effected videos with their effected status:

Alas Voxel Sculpting - Has a 3.2 addendum, but a good number of changes effect this video. Many names have changed since. This will require a little legwork on the user end to figure out the name changes since 3.2.

Hard Surface Compendium - Only some names have been changed since this video. Shouldn't be too difficult to adjust to.

Alas Retopo - Not effected at all. Only voxel tools have had any changes, not retopo tools.

Voxel Sculpting a Running Shoe - Minimal changes have happened since this video. Should be no problem to navigate.

That said,

Some tool since my first video have undergone name changes, yes. Some tools have also undergone function changes as well. Unfortunately no one can predict this kind of thing, for videos, and being that 3DC itself is in a constant state of flux, I could do a video covering said name changes as that video itself would become outdated rather quickly, too. Once 3DC 3.6 has been officially released I'll be doing a 3.6 addendum for each video. Anyone that purchases my videos in the past, will receive a download link with the 3.6 changes addendum video. (Except ones that have opted out of the newsletter, because I cannot email someone who has opted out. Said person(s) will need to email me themselves and request a download link)

• 11 months later...

Hello where I can download your geometry files? Kit bashing tools? Thanks!

Hi!

The kitbashing meshes I used for the shoe video are found here at the bottom of the page, under Product FAQ:

http://javisjones.com/products-services/videotraining/video0018/

And for the spaceship video are found here, again under Product FAQ:

http://javisjones.com/products-services/videotraining/video0009/

Thanks!