3DCoat Forums

Multi-axis symmetry

Tinker

• Contributor

Instances are needed for other things. In this case, at the junction will be seams.

Сейчас попросили обучить человека по работе. Не нашел что ответить ему на впорос о том,

почему нету такой элементарной и удобной функции, которая давно уже есть не будем говорить где.

Показал ему как сделать это с помощью symm copy: "очень удобно" - меняем ось симметрии, делаем symm copy, он естественно копирует

не нужную половину, делаем undo, rotate, to global space, потом делаем

symm copy снова.

Но это так, вдруг нужны свежие идеи, что бы добавить.

Сам то я давно привык :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

I was about to rant about how ridiculous it was not to have it, reading andrew's post thinking how silly a suggestion to use axial symmetry with instan.... wait - instancing??? they update as they get painted? oh oh ok... I see...

however - the only problem with that is that with this method you cannot paint across the boundary of the rotational symmetry. STILL it is at least a reasonable workaround until radial symmetry is complete... PLEASE tell me this is not the final solution?

really I WANT multi-node painting... IOW - I want to be able to give an equation for symmetry... e.g. Brush0 = normal brush, Brush1 = Brush0 * XForm [Origin[0,0,0], Rotation[0,0,0], Scale[-1,1,1] ], Brush2 =... etc etc...

this allows translation, rotation, and scale effects. not scaling of the brush, but scaling of the stroke...

e.g. you paint 1:1 on the left side of the object, and maybe you want the right side to be 2:1... like a pantagraph effect.

anyway...