3DCoat Forums

Help with Camera rotation

Solidfire

Hi there! new user here... anyways.

I'm having an issue with camera limitations, I'm able to rotate camera around the model, rotating up and down, left and right, but there's one something that I can't use that drives me nuts, I want to be able to rotate my model side ways if you know what I mean... (view attachment for details) I know its blender, but it has a whole lot more level of camera freedom than 3D coat does. I need 3D coat for texturing models, since Blender's texturing system is far obsolete!

thanks, I hope for a solution!

This might be what you're needing to know?? You can hit the numpad keys to switch between side, top, etc views.. You can hold Shift when rotating the view to "snap" to certain axiis. If you are in perspective mode you may notice that your model doesn't appear centered.. so you may want to switch to orthographic view, that can be toggled by hitting 5 on the numpad. You can also click up on 'Camera' in the upper right corner of the viewport to access those views, and also the little icons to the lefft of Camera.

OH also, hit F to place the camera pivot point on your model... wherever your cursor is, the pivot will be placed there when you hit F. This will help you rotate around parts of your model, basically it is needed when working with models that stray from the origin point.

I think the controls you're thinking of is of a newer version of 3D paint, atm I'm using 2.09 the F key centers the paint pallet window? I donno, the shift doesn't enable snapping for some reason.

what I'm trying to do is, when you view your model, example a human figure, you can't ever view him laying on his back, only from the top and bottom view. to view the side he'll just stand right back up, but I can't "rotate him" so I can paint him diagonally.

I basically gave up because I can't draw a good line horizontally with a draw tablet so I'm stuck with using a mouse.

• 9 months later...

Hope i post it right. I use 3D coat for some days,

But i would like to change the camera shortcut keys to the same way blender 2.62 use it.

the combination from 3D coat is a bit confusing and dont work nice with the bamboo tablet to.

With blender i can rotate very faste camera etc. also with tablet, foir 3D coat im always go wrong.

(maby change alt to shift ?) and i try to avoid mouse use for finger pain.

I get a bit nuts now, i need to remember 3 ways to rotate camera's or move around abjects etc. :wacko: